Sunday, June 8, 2014

Progress!

Well, it took four days and many MANY helping hands, but the painting is about 95% completed. I believe the only things we have left to do are the bathroom ceiling, a few touch ups and the laundry room. The laundry room is just a few spots that need to be covered after the nails were removed and then the holes were spackled. We plan on taking a sample to Home Depot to have them paint match and then just paint over those spots so that we don't have to do the entire room.

The kids bathroom is also being completely remodeled so that a shower can be put in with the bathtub. It was not on the original plan, however it is needed and it's been kind of fun thinking about the tile and other items for that room as well. I'm sure it will look fantastic once it's done, but the idea of remodeling a room is a cause of stress.

We have a long way to go before we are ready to present the house as complete, but the progress we made this weekend is HUGE and I am so proud of ourselves and impressed with how much we were able to accomplish. We have 6 days until the movers come and we are falling behind with our packing. The current plan is to pack at night and then take the boxes over right after work. Lather, rinse, repeat..

It's about time to start packing the clothing and other essential items that we don't "need" in the next week. Winter clothing, extra towels, etc. It's been quite a process and I'm at the point where I just want to throw everything in a box and get it done. I know we can't really do that yet, but I can dream, and we may just end up getting to that point Friday night since we both have to work all week.

Here are some pictures of the progress we were able to make over the weekend:

Living Room: Before/During/After (with extra lighting to help with painting)


Living Room Wall: Before/After

Kids Room: Before/After 
 
 Isabel's Room: Before/After

Kitchen & Dining Room: Before/After

 

Bathroom: Before/After

Bedroom: Before/After

Kitchen Lamp: Before/Soon to be After

 
This coming week will be filled with moving boxes and starting to put things where they belong (my favorite part). I told Patrick that I would take care of decorating the entire house if he wanted to work on the kitchen. I figured since he spends more time in there than I do that it would be a better idea for him to set it up the way he wants. I'm sure it will make it easier for him.
 
I still have so many ideas of what I want to do and where I want to put things and I am so unbelievably excited to put those thoughts into this house. It really is starting to feel more and more like ours and I cannot wait to stay there for the first time next weekend. 
 
And with that, I am off to do some laundry and packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment