Wednesday, June 4, 2014

We Are Homeowners!!!

Day one: June 4, 2014

The day finally arrived for us to use our key for the first time and step into our home as the new owners. The plan was to drop off a load of boxes yesterday sometime after work. Patrick had gone down to see the kids graduations from 6th and 8th grade and was expecting to be home sometime before 6. We were going to meet, unload some boxes and take some pictures of the house so we could have our official "before" photos.

Well, you know what they say about plans...

Patrick didn't get home until after 8, but we had discussed it earlier and decided that I could still head over there to drop off boxes, help my parents unload their cars and take the before pictures.

The plans keep changing and I am doing my absolute best to be easy going and just go with the flow, but that's not really the personality that I have and I'm finding it difficult. For example, we're supposed to start painting tonight after work. Now Patrick might have to both open and close, so he might not be there and I'm so not ready to paint alone. But I did my best, put a smile on my face and looked at the bright side.. Overtime!!! and much needed extra money.

Plus now it gives my mom and me an opportunity to go over there and clean the floors and the walls before we begin the massive paint project that will last through the weekend.

We've picked our colors, purchased the paint and bribed our families with free food to work this weekend. Thankfully, Patrick and I agreed on all of the colors, so that was a quick process. Now if only the painting can go as quickly.

T-minus 10 days until the movers bring all of our furniture over. The goal is to be 99% moved by that day so that all they have to bring over are the big items (refrigerator, couches, beds, washer/dryer, etc). We want to do as much of this ourselves as possible, meaning we'll be making trips daily with cars filled with stuff (how did we accumulate so much stuff??).

I really cannot believe that it is ours. It feels so strange still, and I'm sure it will for some time until we can start putting our stuff in places and not just in boxes in the middle of the rooms. I have so many ideas for our home and I can't wait to actual make those ideas become reality. Hopefully it all works out the way I imagine it...

Well, here they are... The official before pictures. I took many more, however I decided to just do the overviews of each of the rooms so that I can do side by sides as soon as we are unpacked.


The front

Part of our porch

The living room

Kaleb & Leah's room

Isabel's room

Kids bathroom

Dining area of the kitchen

Kitchen


Laundry room

Tiki in our bathroom

Bathroom

Our room

Backyard garden

Man cave

Tool shed

Part of the garage

Garage bathroom

Garage area (my gym area)





 
It's going to be quite the adventure, but I think it's going to be a great one..

No comments:

Post a Comment