Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Weigh In- Week 3

Normally I'm not happy to see a gain when I weigh in. Like any person who is attempting to lose weight, a gain on the scale (no matter how large or small) is associated with failure. That's what I told myself constantly and I believed it too.

But, it's happened this time on my third week of Weight Watcher's and when I stepped on the scale and saw a gain of 0.4 I celebrated.

 
Okay, so obviously I'm not excited about gaining, but after throwing caution to the wind and allowing the stress of moving to take over, a 0.4 pound gain is an absolute success. We were at the house all weekend until it was too dark to paint anymore and the choices were simple... Fast food or fast food. Of course I could have made better choices and I could have chosen my weight loss over the stress, but I didn't and there's that. Maybe I'll have learned something from this..
 
In all honesty, it pushed me to get back to tracking and to making better choices. I can't say how the rest of the week will go. I know that I'm already stressing, but it's going to get worse as the week progresses. I took Friday off of work and although I have a doctors appointment for my hip (more on this later) I plan on spending the rest of the day finishing up the packing at the apartment and continuing to work on unpacking the house.
 
Speaking of the house... More progress!


Imagine this without the paint cans..


 
 I am getting so excited for Saturday when the furniture comes! Until then I'm going to continue to unpack. My goal for tomorrow is to get the patio and porch set up as best as possible since we are hosting Father's Day at our house on Sunday. I also want to start the kids rooms so that I can finish those up on Friday.

There's still a lot to do, but it will get done in time. My family is already aware that the house will not be unpacked and are not expecting anything other same food, family and a good time together. Patrick and I have always been the kind to be 100% unpacked fast, so I don't see this being any different.

I will tell you that the more we get done the more it feels like our home. Staying there 24/7 will be strange at first, but in no time at all we will get used to it all and it will really feel like our home and our personalities will shine through.

I wouldn't have been able to get through this move without my husband though. He has been my rock and is always there when I start stressing about how much we have left to do. We are both getting pretty burnt out with everything we've been doing (as I'm sure our families are too since they've been helping so much), but he has been amazing and so helpful getting stuff over and unpacked from the truck into the house. He's also allowing me to decorate the house the way I want. I am still passing ideas by him, but he has been awesome and I am so grateful for him.

I'm sure there will be many more pictures to post after this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment