Saturday, December 14, 2013

Measurements Update/Weigh In #1

I took my measurements this morning. After a good two weeks of no workouts (other than running), not tracking my food and giving into the holiday temptations.

It wasn't awful, but it also wasn't good. I maintained for the most part, but I did gain in some areas. 

Six months ago I would have been devastated and probably would have allowed myself to fall deeper into the trap by eating more. This time I decided to sign back up for My Fitness Pal, meaning I needed to step on the scale...

Original measurements taken October 15th:
Chest: 41
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 45.5
L thigh: 26.5
L arm: 13
L calf: 14.5

Last weeks measurements taken November 30th:
Chest: 39.5 (-1.5)
Waist: 34.5 (-3)
Hips: 44 (-1.5)
L thigh: 25.25 (-1.25)
L arm: 12.5 (-.5)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

Current measurements taken December 14th:
Chest: 39.5 (-1.5)
Waist: 35.5 (-2)
Hips: 44 (-1.5)
L thigh: 25.5 (-1)
L arm: 12.75 (-.25)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

I decided a while ago to put the scale away. I was letting it affect me in ways that were mentally unhealthy. I knew (and would tell anyone else who was thinking the same things) that the number on the scale is just a number and does not define who you are as a person. But when I stood on the scale there was a completely different conversation happening. 

I'm mean to myself. I say hurtful things that should not be said. And it's all based on physical appearance and that damn number on the scale. 

So what's different this time? 

Honestly? Not much. Other than the fact that I am mentally ready to do this. I am ready to get this extra weight off and I am ready to love the body I'm in. I want to love myself at this weight and at a lower, healthier weight. 

My goals for this first week are simple.

1. Track. Track. Track. 
This means every bite, every taste and every sip (if the beverage contains calories). 

2. Drink water.
I'm not a huge soda fan, but could do better with choosing water more often. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and a cup or two of hot tea in the afternoon. Doesn't sound awful until the fact that I only tend to drink a cup or two of water throughout the day. It's not enough, plain and simple. 6-8 glasses of water minimum.

3. Workout 4 days a week.
This does not include my running streak. My goal is two strength training days using a workout DVD and two cross training days at the gym (30-45 minutes on the stationary bike). 

My calorie goal is 1550 calories a day plus any calories I burn with exercising. I have a heart rate monitor which I will use for strength and cross training to track any calories I burn, however I have enough gadgets while I run, so I will simply use 1 mile = 100 calories. 

My starting weight is: 189.2

And I plan on weighing in weekly on Saturday mornings. 

I decided to start today because I am tired of this yo-yoing. I am tired of giving into the holiday treats at work. I am tired of feeling self conscious about something that no one else really cares about but myself. I want to be able to have running be easier and faster. I want to be able to focus on something/anything other than my weight.

I will get there. I can do this. I have the tools I need. I have the support. I just have to use it and I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment