Monday, December 23, 2013

Weigh In #2

Starting Weight: 189.2
Last Weeks Weight: 189.2
This Weeks Weight: 185.2

+/-: -4
Total +/-: -4

Last Weeks Goals
1. Track. Track. Track. 
This means every bite, every taste and every sip (if the beverage contains calories). 
Total success! It felt so great to get back to basics and do what I know works best. It's pretty simple, however tracking can become tedious and for me is usually the first thing to go, especially if I have a bad day and over eat. I don't want to see that negative number staring at me as proof that I binged, but it is so important for me to get in the habit of tracking so that I can continue to do so even on the "bad" days.
2. Drink water.
I'm not a huge soda fan, but could do better with choosing water more often. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and a cup or two of hot tea in the afternoon. Doesn't sound awful until the fact that I only tend to drink a cup or two of water throughout the day. It's not enough, plain and simple. 6-8 glasses of water minimum.
I was able to succeed in this because I took the time to realize that getting up and getting water when my cup is empty while at work is so much more important than finishing up one more account. The funny thing is, we have a small office, and getting some water takes no more than 2 minutes. So why was I making so many excuses to not get up and do it when I know how good it is for me? I do my best to have at least four glasses of water and two cups of hot tea every day while at work. If I can, I try to do more during the day, but if I am not able to then I make it up in the afternoon. I have also cut out coffee in the morning (except for one trip to Starbucks on Tuesday) and I am feeling good about that decision.
3. Workout 4 days a week.
This does not include my running streak. My goal is two strength training days using a workout DVD and two cross training days at the gym (30-45 minutes on the stationary bike). 
This one did not happen. Although I did go out and get in a run every day, as well as a few walks during the week, I did not do any workout DVDs and I did not make it to the gym. I did take my niece ice skating on Tuesday, however for the hour that we were there I was only on the ice for about 25 minutes, and only about 15 of those minutes count. I did do an at home workout on Monday, but nothing to brag about.



I am really happy with how this week went. It proves to me that the majority of weight loss happens in the kitchen (or by eating well), while toning up happens at the gym (or with workouts). I am hoping that these goals I make become habits. It will be really nice when one day I don't even have to think about these things and I can just do them. Until then, I will continue to make the goals weekly.

1. Track. Track. Track.
Continue to track everything. This week is a little more difficult due to the holidays (and the three days of celebrating and eating), however my plan is simple. Take a small amount of the things I want to eat, give the plate a realistic calorie total and enjoy myself.

2. Drink water.
Continue to get in 6-8 glasses of water daily.

3. Workout 4 days a week.
I have no plan on what I want to do this coming week. My hope is to make the workouts last a minimum of 20-30 minutes. If I make it to the gym, great! If I decide to do a workout DVD, even better! If I make up a workout myself and follow that, no worries! As long as I am strengthening my body along with my cardio then I am going to count it as a success. Maybe after the new year, when things calm down a little at work, I will sit down and make an actual weekly schedule for my workouts, but until then I have to be happy with what I am able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment