Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy Christmas!

I am currently sitting here in our living room, surrounded by presents for myself, Patrick, Isabel and our cat Marley. I am patiently waiting for Isabel to wake up so that we can give her the gifts we bought her, as well as see her reaction to the gifts that Santa brought last night.

While sitting here, I looked at my old blog from this time last year. The post I looked at was my starting weight for that attempt at getting healthy, losing some weight and feeling better about myself. I was 177.4 last year. I am 185.2 this year (from my last weigh-in on Saturday). Just under a 10 pound gain in the past year.

Not ideal, obviously, but not awful either. And the thing I need to and want to focus on is the fact that I am working on it. It really shouldn't and doesn't matter that this is my 4,372nd attempt. What does matter is the fact that I am making an effort to do better. I am conscious of what I am eating, I am tracking everything, I am focusing on the positives. I am not perfect, but I am just trying to be overall healthy.

I definitely think it helps to have reasons why you want to get in shape.. Whether it's for health reasons or vanity reasons or anything in between, having those reasons (and seeing them written down or typed out) can be helpful in the process.

Reasons Why I Want to Lose Weight:
1. To be more comfortable with my body
2. To be a better influence on my children
3. So my husband will find me attractive
4. To spend at least one whole day without thinking about my body negatively
5. To show my children that beauty is more on the inside then the outside
6. To not cry in fitting rooms
7. So I can watch my body get stronger
8. To have a healthy BMI
9. To prove to myself that I have the willpower to do this
10. To be less critical and negative about myself

... The presents have been opened and the living room looks like a wonderful Christmas disaster. Toys, clothes, wrapping paper everywhere. The smell of freshly baked cookies. A movie on TV. And the memories of another happy Christmas in our home.

I was very lucky this year and received some wonderful gifts from both my family and my in-laws. I also was quite spoiled by my husband. With my help he bought me exactly what I needed and went above and beyond by buying me a new beautiful camera. It's only a matter of time before I fill the memory card with pictures of the kids, the cat and random scenic shots. It will definitely help with my photo a day goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment