Saturday, December 7, 2013

Workout Schedule

It's been a busy and stressful week. A very busy and very stressful week.

I will spare you the details, but it basically all revolves around work. It is our busiest time of year, and although we have been in our busy period since October, we are officially "in it" and will be until the middle of January (there is an end in sight for these 10+ hour days!)

Working 545am - 430pm and then bringing work home and working for an hour or two there is tiring. Attempting to keep an apartment clean and a husband and child happy is exhausting. Add a training schedule on top of that and I'm falling asleep at my desk daily at around 230pm. 

I know that there are plenty of people who juggle similar daily stressors. And I know that there are even more who handle more (with more grace and style to top it off). However, for me, these stresses cause me to overeat and to make excuses to not workout. 

Which is silly.. I mean, I always feel refreshed and happy after a good workout, but getting myself to do the workout is where the problem starts. 

This week's workout was not out of the ordinary. Daily running, two days cross training at the gym and three days strength training. The only thing extra was the race on Sunday replacing the long distance training run.

I'm not even going to post what I scheduled and what I did because I don't need the reminder that I have no self control and that I am able to make an excuse so easily. It's frustrating to me after the fact and I don't like that about myself. 

In fact, at this time, I'm not really ready to make a schedule for next week. I think for the remainder of December I'm going to not schedule my workouts, but I will continue to workout. I am also not going to track my food, but I will continue to make better choices. That's all I can commit to right now.

In other news, tomorrow is my first race of my Santa to Santa goal. 13 races in 13 months, December 2013 - December 2014. Race #1 is the Santa to the Sea half marathon. My first half marathon ever that I ran two years ago. 

Rachel and I have been training the past few months and are excited and nervous. The weather shows a warning for a frost advisory until 9am and as of right now the temperature is predicted to be 42 degrees at the start of the race. Not that cold compared to a lot of other places, but cold for me and for Southern California. 

I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow! All I know is that I'm really excited to get this goal started.

Random pictures from the week:






No comments:

Post a Comment