Monday, October 21, 2013

Ripped in 30- Day One


A year ago August, I set my mind to complete the complete 30 days of 30 Day Shred.

It was a personal challenge to do it and the timing was perfect because I was trying to lose some inches for my wedding.

I updated daily after each workout and I do believe the results spoke for themselves...


Before                                                                                         After



Original Measurements:
Bust- 38
Waist- 33.5
Hips- 42.5
Arm (left)- 12
Thigh (left)- 24.5

Final Measurements:
Bust- 37.25 (-0.75)
Waist- 31 (-2.5)
Hips- 40 (-2.5)
Arm (left)- 11.5 (-0.5)
Thigh (left)- 23 (-1.5)

That's a total of 7.75 inches lost overall.

I was thrilled with the results. Yet I was still missing something when I looked in the mirror. I didn't see what I wanted to see. The problem was, I couldn't see what was really there because I still saw someone who was bigger, someone who wasn't pretty, someone who wasn't enough.

Fast forward a little over one year and I not only erased the progress I made to that point, but I have taken about ten steps backwards.

Current measurements:
Bust- 41
Waist- 37.5
Hips- 45.5
Arm (left)- 12
Thigh (left)- 26.5
Calf (left)- 14.5

That's a total of a 19.75 inch gain from my lowest after 30 Day Shred.

That's not good.

That's not good at all.

Looking back at my "after" pictures makes me feel two things. When I first saw it my initial reaction was sadness. Sadness in the fact that I'm not there and sadness in the fact that I thought that wasn't good enough because it was. Looking at it I think I look good and I want to get back there.

The second thing I felt was hopeful. Hopeful that I can do this and get back there. Motivated to keep going no matter what happens during the week. I can gain and still stay focused and dedicated. I can skip a workout and get right back to it the next day. I can eat a meal that may not be the healthiest choice and I can track it and eat healthier the rest of the day. These are all choices.

I've made a lot of choices in my life. I mean, every day brings choices.

Today I am choosing my health. I am choosing my fitness. I am choosing to make better, healthier choices so that I can lose the extra weight and run faster and farther and prevent injury. I am choosing to get back into shape. I am choosing to get back to that after picture and then choosing to improve even more from there. I am choosing success!

I am worth this. I am worth the time, the energy, the sweat, the tears. I am worth spending a few hours a week away from my family in order to work on my health. I am worth spending a little more money on healthier food choices. I am worth it!

I decided tonight that I want to cross another item off of my bucket list as well as get back to a healthier, more toned body. That means doing Ripped in 30. Jillian Michael's recommends for this DVD to do the workout 5-6 days a week for four weeks (each workout lasts for one week). I feel as though this is more realistic for me than to try to do it every single day like I did with 30 Day Shred.

I was talking to Patrick tonight about the workout DVD. I couldn't decide if I wanted to start it tonight or wait until the beginning of November. The OCD side of me kept thinking to start on the first of the month, but Patrick told me to start tonight. Four weeks is four weeks no matter when you start, and in all honesty starting on a Monday does make more sense.

So I started night one tonight and plan on doing the DVD Monday-Friday for the next four weeks. When doing 30 Day Shred I posted about it every night. I felt it was helpful to write out my feelings about the workout and my frustrations with Jillian. I like it, maybe more so than 30 Day Shred, but I say that now in my post workout glow.

Night One- I found myself exhausted at the end and am already feeling it. It could be a mixture of the two mile run I did this afternoon and the workout DVD, but either way I am loving the burn. I feel as though this is going to be a good thing and I think the accountability of posting about it as well as Patrick knowing I need to do it every day will keep me going for the next four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment