Monday, October 21, 2013

Starting Point

Everyone has to start somewhere.

In my case, I start over daily. Almost every single morning for the past year and a half or so, I have woken up and decided that that day is going to be the day. I'm going to go to the gym, follow my workout schedule and eat well. I'm going to finally get the weight off and reach some goals.

Almost every single day around lunchtime I fall off the wagon, feel as though my day is shot and give up.

I can look as this as a fail, or I can look at it as a fact that I want this, I just don't know how to go about doing it.

I don't really have a set plan right now. I've tried Weight Watcher's, I've tried My Fitness Pal, I've tried it on my own. Every single time I end up giving in because my self control is so small and my desire to eat all the things is a lot higher than my motivation to get the weight off.

If I'm being honest with myself then I would have to admit that since getting married a year ago I have gained over 20 pounds. I have reached a new highest adult weight. I'm just not happy with my body.

So I took my before pictures, took my before measurements and I'm ready to do this. I'm ready to make the changes I need to in order to see the changes with my body.

I've done this before and I know what needs to be done in order to see the results. It's just a matter of doing it. That's what I need to commit to, making these changes to get the results I want. I need to do this for me and no one else, otherwise it will never work.

I'm still not sure what plan I want to use or how I expect to make these changes, but I'm going to start small and make little changes so that they will stick and this can be a lifestyle change and not just a diet.

The only plan I do have is to take measurements and progress photo's monthly. I'm still not a fan of the scale or using it to measure progress because there are too many factors into that number. Instead I find that measurements and progress photos work better for me personally.

Hopefully I can make some positive steps forward this time around. Steps that last.

No comments:

Post a Comment