Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ripped in 30- Day Eight

Wednesday was a pretty hectic day.

One of my coworkers was let go on Tuesday and since I was the only one in the office who knows his job I took it upon myself to handle his submissions that he already had assigned to him. When everyone got in on Wednesday we made a game plan for the new business that would have been his and it is going to be pretty evenly split between three of us, but that still means that I have 100+ accounts to go through and then the new stuff that comes in daily.

I know I volunteered for it, so I really shouldn't say anything negative. Basically my schedule from this point until the beginning of the new year will be 6am-5pm Monday-Friday and weekend work. Thankfully I plan on saving the weekend work to be stuff I can do from home so that I can still be with my family.

That being said, I decided that I would be willing to skip my workout Wednesday night since I wouldn't be home until close to 8pm since we do trivia with the family at a nearby restaurant. Then I needed to make cupcakes for work for Halloween. And help Isabel carve her pumpkin. All in all, I just ran out of time and new that I could be flexible and  reschedule my workout for Saturday.




I almost did the same thing tonight since it was Halloween and all and since I had dressed up for work. I ended up making it work though and got my workout in around 7:30pm at my parents house. 


I went to work in my costume and we had a potluck from 1:30pm-3pm then we were able to leave early. I went to my parents, changed, went for a 1 mile run then put my costume back on. We took Isabel to my sisters for pictures with my niece and then took her back to my parents to trick or treat. We got back to my parents around 7:30pm so I decided that I would do my workout there since I had my DVD and weights with me.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself for not skipping it two days in a row. Although I could have (and would have) made up the workouts over the weekend, I know that it will be nice to know that I do not have to workout on both of my days off (with the exception of running of course).

I have really been enjoying week 2 and I know that I am getting a good workout in because I am dripping with sweat when I am done. I love it!

I have started to think about what I want to do after Ripped in 30 and I am thinking of doing 30 Day Shred again, but only Monday-Friday, not for 30 days again. Maybe after that I will just do strength training three days a week. I'm not quite sure yet, only because I don't know what the results from Ripped in 30 are going to be. As of today I really don't feel any difference, but then again it hasn't even been two complete weeks yet. That, plus I am just getting back into tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal.

Who knows what's going on. All I do know is that I am making healthy changes and I'm sure my body will catch up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment