Saturday, November 2, 2013

Ripped in 30- Day Nine

I wasn't feeling it last night. After working 6am-5pm I felt physically and mentally drained. I knew that I had to get in the one mile run, but I just could not force myself to turn the DVD on. 

This means that I will be making up two workouts this weekend, from skipping Wednesday and Friday. Although in hindsight I wish I didn't have to, I know that it was the better decision to not do the workouts because I needed that break. Some days you just need to rest.

I had to go into work for a little while this morning and once again felt exhausted when I got home. Patrick suggested we go for a walk to the duck pond and feed the ducks and geese. I ran down a mile and back to meet them at the half way point. I ran 1.5 miles and after feeding the ducks we walked home. I went a total of 2.68 miles. 

If I had allowed myself to sit down after my run/walk I knew that I would have allowed myself to give up on my goal to finish all four weeks of the DVD just short of the halfway mark. I cannot allow myself to do that.. Again.

So I finished day 9 and only have one day left of week 2. I may watch week 3 tonight just to get an idea of what's to come starting Monday. 

I decided that I was ready to take progress pictures and measurements as well. I will probably do this every two week while I am doing Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred. I can't really see a difference in the pictures (and I'm not quite ready to share them) but I am really happy with the measurements:

Original measurements taken October 15th:
Chest: 41
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 45.5
L thigh: 26.5
L arm: 13
L calf: 14.5

Current measurements taken November 2nd:
Chest: 40.5 (-0.5)
Waist: 36.5 (-1.0)
Hips: 45 (-0.5)
L thigh: 26 (-0.25)
L arm: 13.25 (+0.25)
L calf: 15.5 (+1.0)

I feel happy with this. I'm making positive progress and I feel as though the gains are in the right places. 

Looking forward to seeing more changes happen in the next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment