Sunday, November 17, 2013

Long Run Recap, Workout Recap and Schedule

Scheduled workout: (crossed out workouts were not completed on the scheduled day)
 
Monday: 2 mile run, Ripped in 30 week 4?
Tuesday: 2 mile run, Ripped in 30 week 4
Wednesday: 2 mile run, Ripped in 30 week 4
Thursday: 2 mile run, Ripped in 30 week 4
Friday: 2 mile run, Ripped in 30 week 4
Saturday: Long distance training run- 4 miles, Ripped in 30 week 4? (if not done on Monday)
Sunday: minimum 1 mile run
 
Actual workout:
 
Monday: 1.35 mile walk, 1.22 mile run
Tuesday: 1.37 mile walk, 2.02 mile run, Ripped in 30 week 4
Wednesday: 1 mile run, Jackie Warner arm workout, Ripped in 30 week 4
Thursday: 1.35 mile walk, 2.09 mile run, Ripped in 30 week 4
Friday: 1.09 mile run
Saturday: 2.20 mile run, Ripped in 30 week 4, Jackie Warner arm workout
Sunday: 4.68 mile long distance training run, Ripped in 30 week 4

Today's long run was uneventful. I decided to run 45:1 intervals in order to give my foot a bit of a break. I felt a little tight and could feel just a slight pain in my foot around mile 2, but nothing too bad. I feel like I really hit my stride around mile 2.5 and was maintaining a relatively decent pace. I was trying to stay on the slower side, and probably would have been fine going just a little slower, but I have a tendency to get going and also get into going faster each mile. 
 
Scheduled workout:
 
Monday: 2 mile run, Jackie Warner arm DVD, Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack DVD
Tuesday: 45 minutes gym, 2 mile run, Jillian Michaels Buns & Thighs DVD
Wednesday: 2 mile run, Jackie Warner arm DVD, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1
Thursday: 45 minutes gym, 2 mile run, Jillian Michaels Buns & Thighs DVD
Friday: 2 mile run, Jackie Warner arm DVD
Saturday: 14 mile long distance training run
Sunday: minimum 1 mile run

I highly doubt that I will complete the whole week to perfection. I'm not setting myself up for failure. At least I don't see it that way. Instead I look at it as an intense challenge to keep myself going with this habit of working out almost every day. 

This week is going to be busy and is sort of a base to see what I can do. If I find that I can't maintain this then I will cut back. I want to mix things up, which is why I have multiple DVDs going. The arm DVD is only about 10 minutes and I do that after my afternoon run at work. The abs, 30 Day Shred and buns/thighs are replacing Ripped in 30. 

I'm also adding two days at the gym. I'm paying for it so I should be going, right? I've been going in early to work because it's necessary in order to get my job done. I'm used to getting up early, so if I get up just an hour earlier two days a week I can get in 30 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the elliptical and 5 minutes on the stair stepper. 

I am so ready for the "after" body that I am willing and focused on putting in the work for that.

With that being said, this weeks eating has taken a turn for the worse. I've ended more days in the red than I would like, but I tracked. I tracked it all. That's such a huge accomplishment for me that I don't even care about this past week. Not just because I'm tracking it, but more importantly because there is nothing I can do about it now. I made choices, I am ready for this coming week where I can make better choices. New week = new chances to prove to myself that I can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment