Friday, November 8, 2013

Santa to Santa- 13 Races in 13 Months

I had made a goal to run one half marathon or further race a month for the entire 2014 year. A total of 12 races when all is said and done.

For some reason I couldn't shake the feeling that I shouldn't leave out the half marathon I am running this December. 

Santa to the Sea was the first half marathon race that Rachel and I ran together almost two years ago. It's meaningful to me for so many reasons. 

So I decided that I wanted to include it. Since I have decided to make a scrapbook of my racing goal for 2014, I ended up deciding to just add one more month, one more race and 13.1 more miles to the lineup. 

Santa to Santa. December 2013-December 2014. 13 months. 13 races.

December- Santa to the Sea
January- Camarillo Half
February- Seaside Half
March- San Diego Half
April- Hollywood Half 
May- Mountains 2 Beach
June- Mammoth Half
July- Shoreline Half
August- Arroyo Creek Half
September- Ventura Pier 2 Pier Half 
October- Rock N Roll Los Angeles
November- Rock N Roll Las Vegas
December- Santa to the Sea



I've been told this many times, the most recent being yesterday when I was called Nutso, after telling someone that I signed up for my first marathon when my longest distance to that point was only the distance of a 10K. 

I've also heard it from friends, family and coworkers. Especially when I tell them about the Dopey Challenge.

I started to believe them. Maybe I am crazy. Maybe I am setting myself up for failure. 

Then I saw this on facebook last night: 

"There is no right or wrong when it comes to your goals. There's believing, deciding, doing, achieving & celebrating. Your goals and dreams are your own- Don't let anyone take them away from you." 

I take pride in my goals. I take pride in being crazy. And I know that I need to push myself to test my boundaries. Maybe one of these days I'll actually take pride and give myself some credit for what I have already accomplished, but until then I'm just going to keep on putting one foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment