Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ripped in 30- Day Sixteen

I had scheduled Ripped in 30 yesterday with a question mark next to it because I wasn't sure if I would feel up to strength training the day after the two races. I was right. My hips were taking the brunt of the pain and I can only assume it was the hills at the race.

I almost pushed it off today as well, but I knew that I would have no wiggle room the rest of the week and I don't like that. I want to complete this. I'm so close and I know that even though I can't see a difference yet that I am making changes.

I hate that I can't see a difference, if I'm being completely honest. I felt as though I was able to see my body change along the way when I was doing 30 Day Shred. I don't know if it's because I'm doing a different DVD or if it's because I'm only doing strength training 5 days a week for four weeks instead of every day for 30 days. It's frustrating though because I know I'm doing enough and yet it doesn't really feel like I am since I'm not getting results.

Then again, I do feel like I'm getting stronger. I do feel like my stamina is improving. My measurements from a week ago show that I am doing the right thing and no matter what the measurements say this weekend I know that I've done something right.

Week 4 started tonight and I was surprised with how much I was able to do. I did modify the modified version on a few exercises to save my knee and hip from unnecessary pain. But there were also quite a few exercises I was able to do the advanced version. And I'm hoping to be able to workout a little earlier the rest of the week so I don't have to worry about our neighbors downstairs. I know there's no need to worry since I was done before 7pm and the DVD is only a half hour, but I just feel weird.

Only four more workouts and I'm able to cross this off of my bucket list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment