Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ripped in 30- Day Seven

Tonight's workout seemed easier somehow. Not easier physically, but mentally. I guess I was better prepared for it than I was last night.

I must say that I do enjoy the exercises in week 2 a lot better than in week 1. I feel as though they are giving me a great workout and both nights I have both looked and felt like I got my ass handed to me by Jillian herself. It's a tough workout and even though I am mostly following the modified version of some of the workouts, I am pushing myself to get closer to the advanced version.

I just cannot risk injury right now and when I was doing 30 Day Shred I did find that towards the end of the 30 days I was feeling it in my knees. They're not great to begin with, so intense strength training on top of streaking means that I need to be smart about certain things. My number one focus in regards to exercise is running. Yes, I want to tone my body (hence the strength training 5 days a week), however I have to realize that my knees need to be taken care of. I cannot feel guilty about that.

Since Halloween is this week, and I do plan on dressing up, my workout for Thursday will most likely be moved to Saturday. I am also going to be making Halloween cupcakes for our potluck tomorrow at work, so I brought my DVD to work with me and plan on doing it on my lunch so that I will have time to bake tonight.

We'll see how that works out because if I am able to get in both my run and my workout DVD while at work (sorry co-workers) then I will most likely do that from now on so that I can get it out of the way and not feel guilty for making so much noise to our downstairs neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment