Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January Mini Goals Update

Since it's the middle of the month it seems fitting to have a quick update of my monthly goals:

New Years Goals that will be included monthly:

1. Write in a journal every day: I have been writing in my journal every day since Christmas. Some days I have more to say than others, however I find that it's been a nice way to end the day.
2. Take at least one picture a day: I have been taking pictures every day. Most days I use the camera I got from Patrick for Christmas, however I have also used my iphone occasionally. I plan on posting a picture from each day at the end of the month.
3. Run and/or walk 105 miles: I am at 75.20/105 as of this afternoon and still plan on getting in 1-2 miles tonight for my streak. I am 23.83 miles ahead of schedule and feeling wonderful with my progress for the month.
4. Run at least one mile every day to continue running streak: Today will be day 87 of my running streak and I will complete it after work when I go to the gym.
5. Track on MFP: Today is my 33rd day of tracking. I feel so much more in control when I track and I know that it is important for me to do so in order to succeed.
6. Read two books: I have completed one book and I am on page 80/346 of the second book. I plan on taking it with me when I go to the gym tonight and reading while on the stationary bike.


January Goals:

1. Have at least one child free date night with Patrick: This has not happened yet and to be honest I'm not sure if it's going to happen this month. Things just keep popping up and I still am working on the not feeling guilty by leaving her with my parents or his parents in order for him and I to go out.
2. Take Isabel to feed the ducks: We went this past weekend and had a lot of fun feeding the ducks. Lots of pictures and a lot of laughter.
3. Make weekly workout schedules and stick to it: So far so good. I did schedule a workout for yesterday to go to the gym, but had to postpone it to today. I am very happy with my progress and commitment to this goal.
4. Organize apartment: It's getting there. There is still some picking up that needs to be done, however I have organized my stuff in our bedroom and feel a lot better about it. I also (finally) put away the rest of the Christmas stuff we still had out.
5. Cook dinner at least once: I made dinner Sunday night. It was an oldie but a goodie and I am forever thankful to Emily Bites for her simple and delicious recipes. I made the bubble-up enchiladas because I am still working on feeling comfortable in the kitchen and I've made this recipe before.
6. Bake a new cookie and/or cupcake recipe: I have not baked anything yet this year but hope to soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment