Saturday, January 25, 2014

Weigh In #7

Starting Weight: 189.2
Last Weeks Weight: 180.8
This Weeks Weight: 182.8

+/-: +2
Total +/-: -6.4

A two pound gain was not expected, planned or wanted, but a two pound gain was needed. You see, I haven't been very diligent with my tracking. I've been sneaking bites off of Isabel's plate and not using my calories as well as I can. I'm not going to try and justify it as a false gain (even though it could be) or due to strength training (even though it could be). It is a reminder to get back to basics and to start tracking again. 

It's also a reminder to look at the whole picture. I may have gained weight and a quarter of an inch in my chest, but overall I have lost an inch between my waist, hips and thighs in the past two weeks. That is a success and something to be proud of.

Plus the fact that I stood on the scale and accepted the weight without any negative thoughts about myself was a huge step in the right direction.

Last Weeks Goals:
1. Stay off of the scale except for weigh in day. I did well with this goal up until Thursday night. I had an inner turmoil dilemma on whether or not I should check in. I knew better because it was at night and I already felt like I had gained so why verify it and make myself feel worse. I ended up picking up the scale and taking it to Patrick to hold onto until it was time to weigh in. I didn't like feeling so out of control, but I was proud of myself for finding a solution.

2. Track. I could have been better tracking every bite, but I'm not going to be too hard on myself. I know that it's the little bites and tastes that end up causing harm, so I need to cut that out ASAP.

3. Stick to the workout schedule. I did stick to the schedule, except I moved the gym from Tuesday to Wednesday again. I realized that this works better and am going to make that change for next week so that I don't have to change it and can just stick to the schedule. I stayed home from work on Friday as Isabel was sick and stayed home from school. I left my 5 and 8 pound weights at home so I followed the exercises from the Jackie Warner DVD using my 3 pound weights and did more repetitions.

4. Go grocery shopping on payday (Friday). Well, I didn't go yesterday (payday) but I do plan on going today or tomorrow and sticking to our list/budget. Isabel was home sick so we stayed home so she could rest. It will feel good to get groceries to restock the fridge BEFORE it gets completely empty

5. Step out of my comfort zone and use the weight machines at the gym. Patrick went with me to the gym on Thursday (it's becoming a nice part of the week) and after a quick run on the treadmill to get in my streak he and I went and did a few of the weight machines. It felt good and I think that if I went in the morning when there are less people I would be more comfortable trying more machines.

Workout schedule:
January 19th- January 25th
Sunday: streak completed
Monday: streak completed, arm workout completed
Tuesday: streak completed, No More Trouble Zones completed, gym moved to Wednesday
Wednesday: streak completed, arm workout completed, gym completed
Thursday: streak completed, No More Trouble Zones completed, gym completed
Friday: streak completed, arm workout completed
Saturday: training run- 10 miles 8.69/10 miles completed. Isabel is sick so I ended early.

This weeks goals:
1. Track every single bite.
2. Stay off of the scale except for weigh in day.
3. Get 6+ glasses of water every day.
4. Follow workout schedule.
5. Write one positive thing about my body a day.

Workout schedule:
January 26th- February 1st
Sunday: streak
Monday: streak, No More Trouble Zones
Tuesday: streak, arm workout
Wednesday: streak, No More Trouble Zones, gym
Thursday: streak, arm workout, gym
Friday: streak, No More Trouble Zones
Saturday: training run- 6 miles


Original measurements taken October 15th:
Chest: 41
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 45.5
L thigh: 26.5
L arm: 13
L calf: 14.5

Last weeks measurements taken January 11th:
Chest: 38.75 (-2.25)

Waist: 34.5 (-3)
Hips: 43.75 (-1.75)
L thigh: 24.5 (-2)
L arm: 12.5 (-.5)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

Current measurements taken January 25th:
Chest: 39 (-2)
Waist: 34 (-3.5)
Hips: 43.5 (-2)
L thigh: 24.25 (-2.25)
L arm: 12.5 (-.5)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

Long distance training run recap:



Today's run was a scheduled solo 10 mile training run. Rachel couldn't make it this week because she's too awesome doing volunteer work at a Cross Fit Infinite Strength competition in Arizona. I was a little worried that it was going to be a tough run, but it ended up feeling really good.

My mom text me between mile 4 and 5 to tell me that Isabel's fever had spiked. There really wasn't anything I could do except cut my run short and go back to their house before mile 9 instead of passing it for that little extra distance. I finished at mile 8.69 and thankfully her fever had gone down by the time I got there.

I stuck with my 30:1 intervals and tried to keep my mile times until 13:30 minute miles. These long distance runs are supposed to be 1-2 minutes slower than my race day pace (which has been around 12:30). Some miles were closer to that 12:30 and some were close to the 13:30 pace. Overall I was really happy with my time and more importantly with how I felt throughout the entire run.

Onto another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment