Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Workout Schedule

January 2nd - January 4th

Thursday 1/2: minimum 3.5 miles (at least 1 mile intervals), workout DVD or gym
Friday 1/3: minimum 3.5 miles (at least 1 mile intervals), workout DVD or gym
Saturday 1/4: minimum 3.5 miles (at least 1 mile intervals)

You can see that I am not aiming too high for the rest of this week. I figure that my main priority is mileage, but I definitely need to strength train in order to see the changes in measurements and in the progress pictures.

I'm thinking about when I want to start Body Revolution. It's a 90 day program with one rest day per week, so it's going to be intense (or inhouses if Patrick is reading...). I really want to complete the program, but I know that it's going to be a big commitment. I'm thinking of attempting the discs two times a week for awhile, but we'll see. I may just dive right in.

As for today, I went out for a quick 3 mile run and ended up doing a little over 5. In order to reach my goal of 1250 miles this year I am going to need to do approximately 3.5 miles per day. I am going to be tracking both running and walking miles, however I do want to start running more than just the minimum 1 mile per day. 

So that's what I did. I went out and ran. It felt great! If I run around the block it ends up being slightly over 3 miles. Since we are finishing up our busy period at work I am thinking it might be a good idea to wake up early and go for a run instead of waking up early and going to work. 

What's better is that I downloaded runkeeper on my phone and have a new tracker to visualize my progress after a run and/or a walk. I will reach my goal this year. 


In other news, I have decided to restart my progress photo's. I realized pretty early on that I would not feel comfortable sharing the ones I had already taken because of the attire I was wearing in them. Although I do hope to one day wear that bikini with confidence, I'm not quite there yet. I do want to share my progress, so I have decided on a new outfit. Progress photo's will be taken on the first of every month.

 
I will get my body back to where it once was. Better yet, I will work on my confidence to appreciate the body I have and to acknowledge the progress that I make so that when I tone up I can appreciate it then as well. After I finished 30 Day Shred I had a much nicer body than I do now, yet I still could not see it. So, this time around I will also be working on the mental part of it so that I can see how amazing I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment