Friday, January 24, 2014

No More Trouble Zones

My Jillian Michael's workout DVD library is growing. Quite rapidly.

I currently have the following:
30 Day Shred
Ripped in 30
Killer Buns & Thighs
6 Week 6 Pack
Yoga Meltdown

My two most recent additions were Christmas gifts- Body Revolution (from my parents) and No More Trouble Zones (from Patrick). I know that I am not ready to make the 90 day commitment needed for Body Revolution (and I want to wait until I am closer to my goal weight). I decided that I wanted to use No More Trouble Zones first because instead of doing a full 30-40 minute workout you are able to choose a 5-7 minute workout based on specific areas. This works better with my schedule right now and I am able to do some strength training every day without fear of over doing it while I continue on with my running goals.



As of right now I am doing this DVD 2-3 days a week while doing a Jackie Warner arm workout DVD the other 2-3 days. This is the third week we've been doing it (my best friend and co-worker and I) and I feel wonderful! It's been an amazing help to have someone else to help hold me accountable and to be accountable for. I know that my motivation to get out and do a workout is higher when I have someone to go with.

As of right now we are doing the following workouts together and doing it every other day Monday through Friday. One week we workout with Jillian Michael's Tuesday and Thursday/Jackie Warner Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The next week we switch- Jillian on Monday, Wednesday and Friday/Jackie Warner on Tuesday and Thursday.

So far our workouts are:
Shoulder & Legs and Upper Body & Core
Chest & Abs and Lower Body & Core
Biceps & Butt and Upper Body & Core
Thighs & Triceps and Lower Body & Core
Core

I really can't complain. The muscle soreness has been totally worth it and I am excited to see what changes will be happening to my body as time goes on. I will continue to adjust as needed and will add more if I find that the 15 minute workout is not enough. I think that for now, 15 minute DVDs are all I can handle without going overboard.

Plus, I want this to be livable. I want this to be a habit that sticks for a long time. I know that I am on the right path to make this something that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment