Sunday, January 12, 2014

Long Distance Training Run

Yesterday was our long training run.

My mom offered to watch Isabel while we went for our run since Patrick had to work early both weekend days. It's so much easier to run in the morning than it is to wait and go in the afternoon.

We ended up going 8.19 miles using 30:1 intervals. It.. Felt.. Great! So much better than last week's run. I know that last week was different due to the distance and the wind, but I think the main difference why it was difficult last week was because I didn't have my running partner. 

I know that you can have a great run followed by a bad run. I know that every run is different and you really can't compare them. Some runs are faster, some slower. Some have hills, some flat. Sometimes you have a partner, sometime you run alone. There are positives to every run because, well, you're running. Can't complain too much when you get to do what you love every day.. But I know for me it truly helps to have someone there to talk to, to make the run go a little faster.

Not just someone, but my sister. Our relationship has grown so much in the past 3 years. We used to just be sisters and now we are also friends. If it wasn't for her I would not have started running. If it wasn't for her I would have never learned what I was capable of. If it wasn't for her I would have never found my passion. If it wasn't for her I would have never known how amazing she truly is. I mean, I knew by observing. She is really one of a kind, but getting to know her, to talk to her for hours at a time during long training runs is a lot different.
 
 

Only in Southern California can you go out for a run in January wearing a tank top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment