Saturday, January 18, 2014

Weigh In #6

Starting Weight: 189.2
Last Weeks Weight: 182.0
This Weeks Weight: 180.8



+/-: -1.2
Total +/-: -8.4
This week's loss is a little shocking. Not that I lost, but that I lost 1.2. I am thrilled, but told Patrick last night that I was sure I was going to see a gain. I need to stop thinking that way and instead realize that I am doing well. I am eating better, I am splurging when I want and staying within my calories, I am exercising every day without getting burned out, I am happy. And I am well on my way to healthy!
Last Weeks Goals:
1. Stay off of the scale except for weigh in day. Check! It was once again difficult a day or two before my actual weigh in but it was so worth it to wait. And that urge to check is getting smaller with each passing day.

2. Track. Check! I am really glad to be in the habit of doing this. I'm also glad that MyFitnessPal celebrates the little things. When you are on a streak with tracking it announces every 5 days that you track in a row. For example, yesterday was my 35th day in a row and it showed that on my news feed. I really like that because it helps hold me accountable to track every single day in order to make it to the goal of 365 days in a row.

3. Stick to the workout schedule. Check! I had to be a little flexible with going to the gym and switch it from Tuesday to Wednesday, but I still went and I am so happy that I did. I feel wonderful after a workout and I am starting to feel stronger.

4. (My own personal goal) Start working on my running scrapbook. Check! I sat down one day and decided on how I wanted it to look and started putting it together. Next step is taking pictures of my medals for a section of it and printing out racing pictures for each of the racing pages. I really like it so far. Simple and yet it means so much already.
Workout schedule:
January 12th- January 18th
Sunday: streak completed
Monday: streak completedNo More Trouble Zones completed
Tuesday: streak completed, arm workout completed, gym moved to Wednesday
Wednesday: streak completedNo More Trouble Zones completed, gym completed
Thursday: streak completed, arm workout completed, gym completed
Friday: streak completedNo More Trouble Zones completed
Saturday: training run- 4 miles completed (finished 5.57 miles)

Workout schedule:
January 19th- January 25th
Sunday: streak
Monday: streak, arm workout
Tuesday: streak, No More Trouble Zones, gym
Wednesday: streak, arm workout
Thursday: streak, No More Trouble Zones, gym
Friday: streak, arm workout
Saturday: training run- 10 miles

This weeks goals:
1. Stay off of the scale except for weigh in day.

2. Track.

3. Stick to the workout schedule.

4. Go grocery shopping on payday (Friday)

5. Step out of my comfort zone and use the weight machines at the gym.

Today's run was for Meg. The first half I was running into the sun, blinded by it's brightness. I kept my head low watching my feet beneath me, silently appreciating this opportunity before reflecting on the loss. 

The loss of a daughter, a wife, a mother, a sister, a friend and a runner. 

As I turned at the halfway point to come back home I had the sun at my back. I was able to look up at the blue sky and appreciate the early morning for all that it is. I noticed things I didn't see on my way in. I felt the cool breeze, I smelled the eucalyptus, I saw other runners, I heard the birds in the trees and the geese and ducks on the water and I will be forever changed from participating in this event.

I have often thought "Who am I? Why am I here? I'm nothing special. What's my purpose?"

Today I was able to participate in something bigger than anything I have ever participated in and it has changed me. It has put me on a course for my future that I didn't even know existed. I have a lot of work to plan and start something, but I am dedicated and ready for this challenge. If I can change one life the way Meg has changed over 85,000+ then I am doing something right. Here's to the next chapter of my life!

#megsmiles




No comments:

Post a Comment