Saturday, January 11, 2014

Weigh In #5

Starting Weight: 189.2
Last Weeks Weight: 182.6
This Weeks Weight: 182.0



+/-: -0.6
Total +/-: -7.2
Last Weeks Goals:
1. Stay off the scale except for weigh in day. 
I successfully stayed off of the scale this entire week and I am so happy that I did! I needed some extra accountability so that I wouldn't peek during the middle of the week just to see where I was at. I am realizing that I can make it a whole week without needing to know because it really doesn't matter what I weigh on Monday night or Tuesday morning or any other day. The only weight that matters in regards to this whole weight loss thing is the weight I am on Saturday morning. And even then the number doesn't mean much of anything.
2. Track. Everything.
I did very well this week tracking every bite. I was very proud of myself for tracking the sports beans and 1/4 of the bagel I ate after the half marathon on Sunday (normally I wouldn't bother, but when I am on track I am 100% on track). I feel as though this week was one of the best so far and that my food choices were pretty good.
3. Make a workout schedule and stick to it.
I stuck to my workout schedule and am so proud of myself! This doesn't happen very often, so I am really actually smiling ear to ear for this accomplishment. It helps so much to have someone there and I have really enjoyed doing the workout DVDs on my lunch break with my coworker/best friend. We are able to hold each other accountable as well as motivate each other and it is working really well so far. I am up on my miles and feeling good overall with what I did this week. The only thing I would like to add in is two days at the gym in order to get a little cross training in (stationary bike or elliptical). I'm not going to put a time on how long I have to stay, but I think no less than 15-20 minutes.

Workout schedule:
January 5th - January 11th
Sunday: Camarillo Half Marathon: completed
Monday: streak, arm workout: completed
Tuesday: streak, No More Trouble Zones: completed
Wednesday: streak, arm workout: completed
Thursday: streak, No More Trouble Zones: completed
Friday: streak, arm workout: completed
Saturday: 8 mile training run: completed

Workout schedule:
January 12th- January 18th
Sunday: streak
Monday: streak, No More Trouble Zones
Tuesday: streak, arm workout, gym
Wednesday: streak, No More Trouble Zones
Thursday: streak, arm workout, gym
Friday: streak, No More Trouble Zones
Saturday: training run

This weeks goals:
1. Stay off of the scale except for weigh in day. I needed this reminder and think it's a great habit for me to have. It's too easy for me to become obsessed with the number, so this goal is set in place to spend my time and energy on more important things.

2. Track. Why mess with something that is working? It makes sense to keep doing what I'm doing since tracking is the easiest thing for me to stay on plan and motivated.

3. Stick to the workout schedule. This week I added more and I am hoping that I'm not trying to do too much. I don't want to get burned out, but I think it will be okay. I think in regards to the gym I am going to also use it as some "me time" and read while on the stationary bike. I have done this before and find that I am still able to get in a great workout while reading and it makes me want to workout longer because I am enjoying it.

4. (My own personal goal) Start working on my running scrapbook. I have finally decided how I want my scrapbook to look. Simple. I have a tendency to do too much or start over a few times and I think in this case, simple is the way to go. Race name, date, finishing time, bib, photo of the medal and (if available) a photo or two from the race. Can't wait to finally show off my running history with pride.

Taking measurements is a great way to see additional progress. I knew that if I was going to lose this week then it would probably be a smaller amount. I am thrilled with what I lost this week, however it can get discouraging to have a smaller lose (or maintain or gain) when you eat pretty well all week, stay within your calorie range and workout. I know from experience that changing your workout routine, and especially adding strength training, can cause a gain on the scale. It's so worth it though. 

Strength training is where I personally lose inches and tone up. It's what makes me look leaner and more in shape. I'm not trying to lose this weight just to be a smaller number on the scale or a smaller pant size. I want to look fit, toned and healthy. 

I know this weeks measurements are not a result of the 5 days of workout DVDs I did this week, but the sore muscles are and I am enjoying that. Some of these muscles (especially my abs) have not felt this sore in too long, even after doing Ripped in 30! 

Original measurements taken October 15th:
Chest: 41
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 45.5
L thigh: 26.5
L arm: 13
L calf: 14.5

Last weeks measurements taken December 28th:
Chest: 39 (-2)
Waist: 35 (-2.5)
Hips: 44 (-1.5)
L thigh: 25 (-1.5)
L arm: 12.75 (-.25)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

Current measurements taken January 11th:
Chest: 38.75 (-2.25)
Waist: 34.5 (-3)
Hips: 43.75 (-1.75)
L thigh: 24.5 (-2)
L arm: 12.5 (-.5)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

I am feeling wonderful all around and looking forward to another successful week of eating well and exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment