Monday, November 18, 2013

6 Week 6 Pack Abs

In an attempt to mix things up this week, I plan on working my arms three days a week, my buns & thighs two days a week, my abs one day a week and a combination dvd one day a week. 

It seems like a lot, and in all reality it might be, however I have to push myself and my limits in order to see how far I can go and to see what I am capable of. 

Tonight's workout left me sweaty, out of breath and frustrated. I pushed myself and I pushed myself hard. I did my best to follow the advanced version and only modified one or two exercises. I did my best to keep up and felt as though I was getting in a great workout.

But then the DVD ended and I felt as though, minus being out of breath and sweaty, that I didn't really do much of anything. My stomach wasn't sore, my legs weren't sore, even my arms felt relatively normal even though I had worked them earlier in the day.

I am focusing on the wrong things. For some reason the muscles aren't as sore as I anticipated them to be, but I am working them and I am making positive progress. I feel as though there is this in shape woman underneath just waiting to come out. I just have to keep going and the results will speak for themselves. I'm just impatient getting there. 

Who knows.. Maybe I'll have a really sore (and strong) core tomorrow morning and I'll be cursing Jillian Michael's and her DVDs. Maybe I'll have worried about nothing. Maybe I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. No matter what the reason, I'm not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment