Saturday, November 16, 2013

Measurements Update

Even though I still have two more workouts left with Ripped in 30 it is that time again to take measurements. Until I see little to no changes I will continue to take measurements and progress pictures every two weeks. Once I start maintaining I will move it to once a month.

It's been just over a week since I had to step on the scale for my health benefits at work. As much as I let that number upset me, I didn't let it define me. I continued to track my calories on my fitness pal, I continued to workout and I continued to run. It's a number and I am more than capable of changing that number by being healthy and conscious of what I eat.

What's important to me right now is not necessarily weight loss, but a healthy lifestyle and I really think that I'm on the right path. I've been tracking on My Fitness Pal for almost two weeks straight. Not just breakfast and lunch, but the whole damn day. The good, the bad and the ugly. This may not seem like a lot for most, but this is huge for me.

I have been trying to lose weight on and off for a little over ten years now. It started my senior year of high school and I've just been yo-yoing since then. I've seen success and I've seen numbers on the scale that I hope to never see again.

It's been a struggle lately for me to lose weight. A mixture of not tracking, training and getting older have all contributed among other factors.

I know that when I am focused on training for my running goals then I am not focused on tracking calories. I am the type of person who gets easily confused by the whole calories in/calories out thing and I never know how many I should be eating. When I'm training my body needs more calories for fuel and when I see that number it throws me off.

I have been starting over almost daily since getting married last year. I lacked self control and since there was no success to see I lost motivation. But I continued trying, hoping that one day it would stick. And it finally has.

This time I decided to set me calorie goal a little higher, making my weekly weight loss goal lower. This way I don't have to worry about tracking the calories I burn. I have yet to decide if this is beneficial or not, but so far it seems to be working for my mental state.

I just feel as though I've found a good balance of eating better, tracking, not worrying if/when I go over occasionally, running and strength training. I had a tendency to try too much at once and I would burn out. Right now I feel as though I'm able to maintain this lifestyle and I am seeing success.

Original measurements taken October 15th:
Chest: 41
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 45.5
L thigh: 26.5
L arm: 13
L calf: 14.5

Current measurements taken November 16th:
Chest: 40 (-1)
Waist: 35 (-2.5)
Hips: 44.5 (-1)
L thigh: 25.5 (-1)
L arm: 12.75 (-0.25)
L calf: 15.75 (+1.25)

I really was not anticipating to see losses all around, but am very happy with these numbers and very happy that they are going in the right direction. It means I'm doing something right...

No comments:

Post a Comment