Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ripped in 30- Day Eleven and Twelve

Yesterday marked the first day of week three. I was pleasantly surprised when it ended after 27 minutes unlike the first two weeks which lasted longer than 34 minutes.

I didn't expect the weeks to get easier, but I definitely did not feel like I could do the majority of the exercises, even at the modified version. I did my best and felt like I got in a great workout Monday night. 

What I didn't anticipate was to break down in tears tonight while finishing up the third set of strength exercises. I pushed myself during the first two sets and just felt like my arms did not show up tonight. 

It may not have looked like it, but I was trying and I was pushing myself to the best of my ability. 

I got frustrated and I started to cry. Not because it hurt, but because I expect more out of myself. Especially being week 3. 

Patrick helped though. He reminded me that I was doing it. I didn't give up, I didn't quit. That definitely made me feel better.

It's like one of my favorite quotes about running.. It doesn't matter how fast you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch. It can be applied to anything. Did I keep up with the expert version? No. Did I keep up with the modified version? For most of it. Did I put my workout clothes and shoes on, put the DVD in and get in a workout tonight? Yes I did. 

My only concern is, my right knee is starting to hurt a little. Nothing crazy, just a little icy/hot afterwards to make it feel better. It is something to keep in mind and to not push myself past a certain point. Just need to figure out where that point is.

My schedule is changing slightly and I will not be doing my workout tomorrow. I am working until 430 and then I have an appointment at 530. We're meeting my family for trivia night at 630 and I just don't like making that much noise for our downstairs neighbor any later than 8pm. I'll be moving it to Saturday (early) so that I can solely focus on the 12 miles I have to do on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment