Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ripped in 30- Day 20

Today was my last workout for the Ripped in 30 DVD.

There's not much I can say about it that I haven't already said. I really think that this DVD is a good one and I intend to have it be a part of my DVD rotation. I'm just happy that I can mix it up a little more now.

I am pretty happy with the results that I saw overall. I wasn't expecting the same results that I saw with 30 Day Shred because they are two different workouts. At the beginning I was thinking that I was doing it wrong because I didn't see much of a change at all and I did start to compare the two, however I realized pretty quickly that there are too many differences.

30 Day Shred I did for 30 days in a row. I just couldn't commit to that this time. I could commit to the recommended 5 days a week and since it is a four week program I knew that I would be doing it for a total of 20 days while allowing two days a week to be "rest" days.

I experienced a similarity with both DVDs however, and that was knee pain towards the end of each program. It forced me to follow the modified versions, yet it's Jillian Michael's and her modified versions are still an amazing workout.

Next week is going to be interesting because I am going to be doing four different videos throughout the week. I am going to be spreading it out more throughout the week, focusing solely on abs one day a week, buns and thighs two days a week, arms three days a week, mixture in a combo DVD one day a week and cross training two days a week. And of course I will be running seven days a week.

As I mentioned in my schedule post, I am going to see how this week goes and if it's too much then I will cut back, but I have to see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment