Wednesday, November 27, 2013

But I Don't Wanna!


I had a very difficult time finding the motivation to do my scheduled workout DVD on Monday. I got home and immediately decided that I just was not in the mood to workout and that if I attempted to do the DVD I would just half ass it and then I would feel bad about half assing it. Inner turmoil.

I decided to push the DVD to Tuesday with the intention of getting to work early after going to the gym and doing the DVD in our "wellness room" / back file room. Unfortunately that didn't happen because it is still our busiest time of year and once I sat down at my computer I didn't get back up (except to get a cup of coffee).

That pushed my DVD back a few hours to my lunch break. Except that I decided to go to the packet pick-up for the Turkey Day Dash to pick up the t-shirts and racing bibs for Isabel, Emma and myself. I knew that if I waited to pick up our packets then we might not get a shirt since it was not included in the registration fee.

The rest of the work day was filled with stress and frustration, so on my way home I was really debating as to whether or not I was going to do the workout at all. I still needed to get in a one mile run and I just was feeling so unmotivated to do much of anything. My stepson had asked if he could join me for my run (even though his current mile time is 5:25 and my fastest is 10:12, and that was a fluke). He agreed to go at my pace and it was a really nice 1.09 mile run fulfilling my requirement to make it through day 37 of my running streak and having some bonding time.

I got home and decided that it was now or never. If I was actually going to stick to my goal of completing my entire scheduled workout for the day then I needed to put the DVD in and not think about it but just do it. So I did. And I enjoyed almost every moment of it. It was tough and I got in a great workout. Most importantly, I finished the workout feeling proud of myself for doing it.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a person who feels disappointed after doing a workout (except maybe if they got injured). I know that I usually feel disappointed when I skip a workout without rescheduling it. I had already rescheduled this workout once. I may not always want to do the workout going into it, but if I can give it my all then I know that it will be worth it.

That being said, I am really not looking forward the Killer Buns & Thighs tonight, but what's 40 minutes out of my life when the results are a stronger, leaner and healthier me!

No comments:

Post a Comment