Saturday, November 30, 2013

Measurements Update

Original measurements taken October 15th:
Chest: 41
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 45.5
L thigh: 26.5
L arm: 13
L calf: 14.5

Current measurements taken November 30th:
Chest: 39.5 (-1.5)
Waist: 34.5 (-3)
Hips: 44 (-1.5)
L thigh: 25.25 (-1.25)
L arm: 12.5 (-.5)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

I am really excited to see that I am still losing inches. I have not been tracking very well, however I am getting back to it starting today. I am allowing the stress from work to affect my eating again (fourth year in a row). I have the best intentions to do well through the holidays and somehow the stress takes over and I just eat. Even when I'm not hungry and even food that I really don't necessarily like or want.

Last year I found myself eating the chocolate covered coffee beans that were sent to us from one of our agencies and even though I didn't like them I would eat the chocolate and throw away the coffee bean. So weird, so random, so out of control.

This year the plan was to start early, before the stress started at work (around October). I thought that I would be in the habit of tracking and making better choices by the time Thanksgiving came around. That way I would continue to keep my self control through the holidays.

Like I mentioned, my tracking has not been great. I find myself falling back to old habits of tracking in the morning and then either eating bad and not wanting to see the damage or forgetting to track. Either way, it's a bad habit to get into, whether I'm losing inches or not and whether my clothes are fitting better or not. 

I still do not know my weight. And I don't plan on knowing my weight until I have to do my biometric screening again next year. I'm not even interested in knowing it. I am interested in my measurements and I am interested in how I feel. 

You've seen my measurements, so that leaves how I feel...

I am making huge improvements in my self confidence and in the way that I speak to and about myself. I find myself passing a mirror or a window and seeing my reflection and thinking that I can see changes instead of only seeing the negatives. I've realized (and try to stop myself) from pointing out my negatives. 

I'm consciously changing my point of view. Instead of focusing on the loose part of my arms, I focus on the muscle you can see when I flex. Instead of focusing on my lower abdomen and the loose skin/poochy belly (courtesy of Isabel and a c-section) I focus on the smaller waist. Instead of focusing of my rear end I focus on my stronger more muscular thighs. 

It takes a lot of work to get out of that mindset. I've gone a very long time with saying negative things about myself that it feels weird giving myself compliments. I feel like I'm doing something wrong or self centered, but then I realize that it's not like that at all. I deserve to see the positives and I deserve to be proud of the body I have and the body that I'm working on improving. 

With that being said, I forgot to take my progress photos this morning, which means I will either take them tonight or tomorrow. I'm excited to see the changes from the first photo to now because I know there are noticeable changes. Still not quite ready to share them though..

No comments:

Post a Comment