Sunday, October 27, 2013

Long Distance Training Run Recap

I had to push back my long training run since we had a full schedule yesterday. I knew it would be easier because I had less to do, but waking up early on both weekend days just doesn't seem right..

The original course I made on mapmyrun on Friday ended up being 10.44 miles. I decided to mess around and see what other courses I could make, but the other route was just under 11 miles. Once I hit my comfort zone I had an internal debate as to whether I should run the planned distance or go for the 11 miles, but ended up deciding it would be better to end while still feeling good than risk injury by going an extra half mile. Doesn't seem like much, but things can happen.



 


 
The first two miles were the worse. My legs felt heavy like they always do for the first couple miles. Probably didn't help that the first four miles were on a constant incline. I knew that when I made the course though so I can't blame anyone but myself. Good thing I have been running hills this past week.
 
The run was pretty uneventful. I mean, in all honesty the most exciting thing that happened was I found a statue of a frog on the wash. I ran 45:1 intervals and it felt great.
 
I keep getting nervous with each new long distance. It's like starting over since I haven't gone this far since March. Yet each week my run ends up feeling great and what's better is I am enjoying it. I feel as though I have found the exercise that makes me happy and I am going to keep doing it until I can't physically do it anymore.
 








 




 
Total Distance: 10.40 miles
Total Time: 2:17:35
Avg Pace: 13:14 min/mile
Avg Speed: 4.5mph
Max Speed: 10.3mph
 
Mile 1- 14:13
Mile 2- 13:53
Mile 3- 13:53
Mile 4- 13:53
Mile 5- 13:13
Mile 6- 13:11
Mile 7- 12:33
Mile 8- 12:39
Mile 9- 12:19
Mile 10- 12:18
Mile 0.40- 5:25

No comments:

Post a Comment