Monday, October 28, 2013

Ripped in 30- Day Six

I tried to prepare myself by watching week two on my lunch break again. I thought if I mentally knew what was coming it might make it a little bit easier to physical do it.

I was wrong.

I don't know what I was thinking. As I watched it I kept thinking about how crazy this is whole idea is and that there's no way I can do it. 

As I did it I realized that I like this week better than the first week. I also realized that I am out of shape and very frustrated with myself for allowing this to happen. I can't go back but I can hopefully learn from the past and not make the same mistake again. 

I had three goals for tonight's workout:
1) finish it ✔
2) give it my all ✔
3) not cry ❌

Not proud about it, but it's true. I know that I'm not mad at Jillian. I'm mad at myself and I'm mad that I have very little endurance when it comes to strength training. Give me a long distance run every day and I'll gladly do it with a smile on my face, but I know that my body will not change with cardio alone. 

I also know that it will not change with cardio and strength alone. I need to make more changes to my eating habits. 

Or I need to be patient and see if the changes I have made pay off after the four weeks are over. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon. Maybe I have it in my head that the weight/inches should come off as quickly as it got on. 

I know that that is not how it works though and while my body is making the adjustments it needs to make I need to also be working on my mind so that when I reach the end of the DVD workout I will be happy with the results no matter what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment