Sunday, October 27, 2013

Workout Recap & Workout Schedule 10/28 - 11/3

Monday: 2 mile easy interval run, workout DVD?
 
I decided that in order to get rid of some of the stress at work I would need to stop taking so much responsibility. Not of my own job duties, but of other people. I was recently promoted from an underwriting technician (glorified data entry position) to an underwriting assistant (glorified underwriter bitch). I went from doing my job as a technician plus some of the assistant work to doing my job as an assistant plus some of the technician work. 
 
I feel taken advantage of and unappreciated. I have taken on a lot of work and as I sit here thinking about it I realize that the person I took it from is barely doing anything. I have been coming in early, taking shorter lunch breaks, working on weekends and not taking my breaks. All the while he is coming in late, taking his scheduled lunch break, not working any overtime and taking multiple breaks.
 
I then realized that this is my doing and in order for things to change I have to change them. So I have decided that, for now, I cannot help until my work is caught up on. As a tech last year during this time my coworker and I received zero help from anyone. It was stressful and really busy but we did what we needed to do to get our job done. It is now sink or swim time for him and I can't keep saving him.
 
We decided to start back with our 1.34 mile walk in the morning and instead of walking our 2 mile route we are going to run intervals. What's even better is that we will be doing daily hill training. I love hills!!
 
Without much coercing Patrick convinced me in my mental rambling of whether or not to attempt a full four weeks of Ripped in 30 to just do it (or in his terms when I ask him if I should do something or not- "Nike Swoosh").  
 
I may be taking on too much, but I crave it.
 
Tuesday: 2 mile easy interval run, workout DVD?
 
Unfortunately I did not having a running partner today as my coworker/best friend is having some pain in her foot. Hopefully it is just her getting used to her running shoes and insoles again and nothing too serious.
 
I stuck with the 30:1 intervals we used yesterday and it felt good. I think easing into it is a good decision because my legs are also pretty sore from doing the workout DVD.
 
I can't begin to explain the excitement I feel when it's time to go out for a run. It's my me time and I think that this is the smartest choice I've made and I don't know why I never thought to do this before. I guess maybe I have thought to do it but I just chose not to because I didn't want to be all sweaty at work. At this point I prefer my sanity than to be at my best physically for people who couldn't care less. Plus, our company prides themselves in wellness and I am a member of the wellness committee. I guess that could be my reasoning.
 
I got home in time to do my workout DVD before taking Isabel to her swim lesson.
 
Wednesday: 2 mile easy interval run, workout DVD?
 
I upped my intervals to 45:1 today to give myself a bit of a challenge. I was running 1:45 intervals for awhile and was enjoying it. I went down to 30:1 intervals for our last long run (8.12 miles) and I really liked that because it forced me to watch my pace.
 
I know that I'm supposed to run 1-2 minutes slower on my long distance run but for some reason I push too hard. Now that we're going to be getting up into the double digits I'm really going to need to pay attention to my pace no matter what intervals I plan on running.
 
At this point I think I'm going to try running 45:1 for this week's long distance run (10 miles). I can always adjust to how I feel on the run whether I want to run more or less, but I don't want to go out and push too hard.
 
I also got in the workout DVD. I have hope that I will see a difference at the end of the four weeks.
 
Thursday: 2 mile easy interval run, workout DVD?
 
I felt really good on yesterday's run that I started thinking about what I could do to make it more challenging. Since I am running a course that is half uphill I don't think I'm quite ready to increase my running interval so I decided to add some distance. Instead of going the 2.04 miles I've been running I added an extra mile.
 
It feels great going for a run in the afternoon when I still have energy and it keeps me feeling great after because of those wonderful endorphins. I just feel happier when I'm able to run daily.
 
I needed to do my workout DVD at my parents tonight as I needed to mark the rest of my garage sale items and Isabel had swim. It worked out well for me, but it was a little weird working out with an audience.
 
Friday: 2 mile easy interval run
 
Today was just an easy two mile run on my lunch break at work.
 
I also got in my workout DVD and finished the first week strong.
 
I was glad I was able to get in today's workout because I decided to take Isabel to her school Halloween dance where she got to dress up in her Rapunzel costume and hang out with her friends for an hour and a half. It was very exciting for her to be able to go and I'm glad I changed my mind about letting her go.
 
Saturday: 10 mile long distance training run
 
Today ended up being filled with too many other things to get in my 10 mile run. The garage sale started early and then I took Isabel to a birthday party where she got to wear her costume again. She had so much fun.
 
I wanted to keep my running streak alive, so I ended up going out for a 2.29 mile run in the evening. I was going at my normal running speed, but for some reason I felt slow and sluggish. Not quite sure why other than it was in the evening and I've been running in the morning and early afternoon. Either way I got it done and was able to maintain a decent speed (for me at least).
 
Sunday: rest
 
I rescheduled my 10 mile run to today. I woke up early and decided to stick with my 45:1 intervals. I'm glad I did because I was able to maintain that up until mile 6 where I started adding a little extra running to my intervals. I finally decided to switch my intervals and run 1:45 for the last mile and a half.
 
Monday: 2 mile easy run, Ripped in 30 week 2
Tuesday: 2 mile easy run, Ripped in 30 week 2
Wednesday: 2 mile easy run, Ripped in 30 week 2
Thursday: 2 mile easy run, Ripped in 30 week 2
Friday: 2 mile easy run, Ripped in 30 week 2
Saturday: 4 mile long distance training run
Sunday: minimum 1 mile run

No comments:

Post a Comment