Monday, October 28, 2013

Streaking


While checking Facebook one morning in May I came across this:

Day 1 of Runstreak... I am off for a quick mile before work.. It's just a few minutes out of your day, do it!

I went to the website facts and realized that this was something that I thought I could do. I attempted to run a mile straight each day. I adjusted it to me and my needs and abilities by incorporating intervals, however I was able to run a mile straight most days. 

Unfortunately my desire to complete this challenge faded pretty quickly when we went on vacation. Running a mile each day while we were gone was doable, but I chose not to for a variety of reasons. My streak ended on day 31 and in all honesty, I was proud of that.

But I've been thinking about starting another streak and since I was already running Monday-Friday last week with my long run on the weekend, I decided to just add a short run on Saturday to make it a full week. Now that I have the first week down I plan on continuing on to see how long I can make this streak last.
I'm going to start small and just attempt to make it past my current longest streak before I start getting bigger ideas in my mind. Although I am already thinking big. Who knows how long I can make this last!

I'm sure all of this running will help with the savings for the Dopey Challenge as well. The more miles I run and/or walk the more money I am able to put towards that goal. However, the main factor for me is to just listen to my mind and to my body. I am not going to push myself  if I have any fears of an injury. My main concern is training, the streak comes second.
But for now: Caution.. Streaking in Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment