Thursday, February 20, 2014

Daily Menu 2/20/14

In an additional attempt to hold myself accountable I am planning on posting my daily menu each night. I may miss a few days here or there and will try to remember to do this every night. I am having a difficult time remembering to track everything every day and tend to make it through lunch before calling the day a loss and eating whatever I want.

The point of tracking on My Fitness Pal is not to just eat the number of calories it suggests. Eating 100 calories in crap food is not the same as eating 100 calories in fruits and vegetables. I know this and yet I still proceed to eat the crap food. I'm not saying that eating crap food every once in a while as a treat is not okay, because it is (hello cupcakes!) but for me to do it every day is getting out of hand and I need to put an end to it somehow.

I will not be sharing these daily menu posts on facebook like I normally do with my other posts for the simple fact that it can (and probably already has) get annoying to see the updates from my blog. So I will simply share this first one and hope that people are interested enough in what I have to say to check in. As a friendly reminder, you can follow by email as well as follow by joining the site (I currently only have 2 followers and would love to see more!!)

My Fitness Pal asked me questions when I signed up to figure out the correct number of calories that I should be eating a day. On top of that I am supposed to be eating back the majority of the calories that I burn each day so that I net the goal provided.

I gave them my starting weight, height, goal weight, gender, date of birth and how I would describe my normal daily activities. The provided me with the goal of 1500 calories per day.

Thursday, February 20, 2014
Goal: 1500 calories
Exercise:
Net:

Breakfast: (282 calories)
Coffee with splenda and sugar free french vanilla creamer- 32
Strawberry Greek yogurt- 120
Instant strawberries & cream oatmeal- 130

Snack: (130 calories)
Gala apple- 80
Light string cheese- 50

Lunch: (695 calories)
Minute rice brown rice- 230
6 oz chicken breast- 240
Green Giant corn & butter sauce- 225

Snack: (84 calories)
Baby carrots- 21
1.5 Tbsp Hummus- 53
Jello- 10

Dinner: (580 calories)
Homemade cheese burger- 580

Snack: (146 calories)
Gala apple- 80
Baby carrots- 21
Low cal Gatorade- 45

Dessert: (140 calories)
Red vines licorice- 140

Activity: (558 calories)
1.33 mile interval run- 133
2.04 mile interval run/walk (1 mile interval run/1.04 mile walk)- 204
2.21 mile interval run- 221

Water: 10 glasses
Fruits & Veggies: 6 servings
Milk: 1 serving
Vitamin: check!

No comments:

Post a Comment