Saturday, February 1, 2014

Weigh In #8

Starting Weight: 189.2
Last Weeks Weight: 182.8
This Weeks Weight: 181.8



+/-: -1
Total +/-: -7.4

This week was not what I was expecting. After gaining two pounds last week I had a great feeling that seeing that number would put my mind back where it needed to be and I would get back on track and find that motivation again. That didn't happen. In fact, it did the opposite. I got frustrated and lazy and that needs to stop right now.

It's not difficult to track on my phone before every meal. It's not difficult to say no to something if I don't have the calories for it. It's not difficult to make the better, healthier choice. It's okay to pick the choice that you want if it's not the healthiest as long as you don't do it every day.

I am thrilled to see a loss on the scale and surprised that it's as much as it is. I will take this week as a lesson that even though I lost, I don't feel my best and I would much rather feel good, healthy and strong than to see a number on the scale that is lower.

I am actually starting to believe that I am a self saboteur. When I start to see a little bit of success and then a week or two of taking a step backwards I throw it all away. I was so close to being out of the 180s, something I haven't seen in probably a year, if not more. I'm still not far away and I am determined to get down to the healthy weight range and then letting my body decide the rest. I have to defeat myself in this one. It's a long, difficult battle. One that I've been fighting for over 10 years. It's time to be done with this crazy weight obsession and negatively thinking about my body and to embrace who I am as a person. My weight does not define me and getting to a healthy weight is for my health and to benefit my life and running.
Last Weeks Goals:
1. Track every single bite. Could have done better. In fact, I could have done a lot better. Every day was an opportunity to do better and every day the tracking ended after lunch. I have successfully logged in to My Fitness Pal for 50 days in a row, but that doesn't help my weight loss unless I give it my all.
2. Stay off of the scale except for weigh in day. Could have done better. Although my obsessive pattern of weighing myself multiple times a day has not returned, I did check my weight Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
3. Get 6+ glasses of water every day. Could have done better. The fact is, I have not found a system that works for me to track how much I am drinking. Maybe I need to do the rubber band rule and wear 6 rubber bands on my left wrist, drink a glass of water and move it to my right. Anything past 6 glasses is extra.
4. Follow workout schedule. Could have done better. I think my body needed/appreciated the break from strength training. Work is starting to get more stressful again and I am going in earlier and earlier each day. It's exhausting and unfortunately my workouts are what gets cut first.
5. Write one positive thing about my body a day. I'm pretty sure I forgot this was a goal for this week. Not pretty sure, I am sure. I did not do this one at all and am kind of sad that I didn't because I know I feel better

Workout schedule:

January 26th- February 1st
Sunday: streak completed
Monday: streak completed, No More Trouble Zones completed
Tuesday: streak completed, arm workout completed
Wednesday: streak completed, No More Trouble Zones skipped, gym completed
Thursday: streak completed, arm workout completed, gym skipped

Friday: streak, completed No More Trouble Zones skipped
Saturday: training run- 6 miles completed
This weeks goals:
1. Get back to basics and track 100%
2. Get back to basics and drink more water- minimum 6 glasses a day
3. Follow workout schedule
4. Write one positive about myself a day

Workout schedule:
February 2nd- February 8th
Sunday: streak
Monday: streak, No More Trouble Zones

Tuesday: streak, arm workout
Wednesday: streak, No More Trouble Zones , gym
Thursday: streak, arm workout, gym
Friday: streak, No More Trouble Zones
Saturday: training run- 12 miles

Measurements taken on December 28th: (pictures on the left)
Chest: 39
Waist: 35
Hips: 44
L thigh: 25
L arm: 12.75
L calf: 15.5


Current measurements taken January 25th: (pictures on the right)

Chest: 39
Waist: 34
Hips: 43.5
L thigh: 24.25
L arm: 12.5
L calf: 15.5 
Difference in 1 month:
Chest: 0
Waist: -1
Hips: -.5
L thigh: -.75
L arm: -.25
L calf: 0

I think that the changes in measurements are the main factor I'm going to be looking at in regards to success in this weight loss journey. The measurements and progress picture show a better picture of the progress I've been making. That, and the fact that I have been feeling more confident in this body of mine.

Last night, for the first time in a long time, I agreed to taking Isabel to the Jacuzzi at our apartment complex. Normally I fight it and say no, then reluctantly give in, then stand in front of the bathroom mirror judging my body in my bathing suit, then stand in front of the bathroom mirror and think about what others will think of my body in a bathing suit, then find a shirt to cover up, etc... It's not a healthy cycle to be in. But last night I simply put my bathing suit on and we left. No time to ponder in front of the mirror and think about what others think. The truth of the matter is... No one else cares about it. And if they do feel the need to make rude or hurtful comments then that's on them and I need to focus on the fact that I am feeling AMAZING in this body of mine and I am improving it with each passing day.

So here's to another fantastic week. Hopefully one that's a little more on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment