Tuesday, February 4, 2014

No More Trouble Zones Challenge

I have always been one to try to push myself just a little bit further. I have complete both 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and am currently waiting to get closer to my goal weight before attempting Body Revolution.

Recently I have been doing a small amount of strength training every weekday, usually no more than 15 minutes. I fit this in on my lunch break and feel as though it is beneficial to me in so many ways. I plan on keeping this routine along with adding a bit of a challenge for myself for the next 30 days.

I took the exercises that I have been doing with No More Trouble Zones and set up the following workout that I want to do every day for the next 30 days (or longer if I am not completely bored with the routine). I decided to do it without the DVD because I find that I am not always able to keep up with their speed and I get frustrated and then my form suffers. Since I am trying to tone up without injury I figured this would be the easiest way because I can modify as I go along, take a few seconds in between exercises and complete this without taking up a TV in the apartment.

The fact that I'm starting after the first of the month is a little frustrating for my OCD, however I really do not want to wait until March 1st to start this. I need to start it now so that I can see the results sooner rather than later. I am going to use a chart to either check or put a sticker for the days I complete and at the end of 30 days (March 5th) I should have 30 stickers.

I'm going to give myself two free passes for the 30 day challenge. If I can (and I'm going to attempt to) complete all 30 days in a row then I will treat myself to a massage. If I take two break days (more likely than not on the two long distance training runs I have within the next 30 days including a half marathon) then I will treat myself to a pedicure (desperately needed). Anything under 28 means I did not complete it and I need to start the challenge over.

The workout:
Warm up
March in place- 30 seconds
Jump rope- 30 seconds
Windmills- 30 seconds
Skaters- 30 seconds
Jumping jacks- 30 seconds

Circuit 1
Squat with shoulder press- 15
Backward lunge with shoulder raise- 10 left side
Backward lunge with shoulder raise- 10 right side
Chair squat with anterior raise- 10
Press outs- 10
REPEAT

Circuit 2
Chest press with crunch- 15
Chest fly- reverse crunch- 10
Bicycle crunch- 15
Squirms- 15
Push ups- 10
REPEAT

Circuit 3
Dead lifts with hammer curl- 15
Static squat with concentration curl- 15 left side
Alternating lunges with wide grip curl- 10 left side
Alternating lunges with wide grip curl- 10 right side
Side lunges with bicep curl- 5
REPEAT (Static squat with concentration curl right side)

Circuit 4
Chair pose tricep kickbacks- 15
Sumo squat- 10
Surrender- 5 left side
Crescent tricep kick backs- 10 left side
Crescent tricep kick backs- 10 right side
REPEAT (Surrender- right side)

Circuit 5
Double crunch- 15
Twisting plank- 10
Toe taps- 10 left side
Toe taps- 10 right side
Windshield wipers- 10
REPEAT

Circuit 6
Plant rows- 10
Superman- 10
Hollow man scissor kick- 10
Pelvic thrust- 15 left
Pelvic thrust- 15 right
REPEAT

Circuit 7
Side plank- 5 left
Foot raises- 15 left
Inner thighs- 15 left
Side plank- 5 right
Foot raises- 15 right
Inner thighs- 15 right
Donkey kick- 15 left
Donkey kick- 15 right
Fire hydrant with side kick- 15 left
Fire hydrant with side kick- 15 right.

COOL DOWN/STRETCH

The checklist:

Here's to day one (to be completed after my run tonight) and to the next twenty-nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment