Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Love

With the most love focused holiday quickly approaching, I have become a little nostalgic of the most love focused day of my life. I will openly admit to the fact that looking through the photos from our wedding is something that provides pure joy and the only thing I would change from our wedding is that I would request more pictures.

Seriously.. that's all that I would change.

I absolutely love the pictures that we received and am so grateful that we found an amazing photographer. She was the first and only photographer we met with and we fell in love, not just with her work but with her personality. I mean, there was a point during the wedding when she took us away from everything to take a few more pictures and she and her assistant/second photographer ended up dancing for us to Cupid Shuffle.. It was a special moment.

I have been spending more time looking through our wedding album as it brings me so much happiness. Patrick and I have had our fair share of ups and downs and we are currently the happiest we've been in the (almost) five years we've been together. I think we've finally hit our groove and we're working together to make our marriage fantastic instead of working separately towards the same goal. I feel like we are a team and I am just really happy we're in a good place.

It's just nice to be able to have something so simple put a smile on your face and lift your mood...







"I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask no more than you can give. I promise to respect you and to realize that your desires are no less important than my own. I promise to share my time and attention with you, and to bring joy and strength to our relationship. I promise to grow with you, and to be willing to make changes in order to keep our relationship alive. I promise to comfort you with myself, to love you in good times as well as bad, with all that I am and all that I have forever for always and no matter what."


This will be the fourth Valentine's Day that Patrick and I have celebrated together, and our second as a married couple. The first year we went out for dinner at The Melting Pot. I got all dolled up (in a short black dress, red high heels and I even did my hair and make up!) and we spent too much money on delicious food. We chose to celebrate on the 13th to avoid the crowds.

The past two years have been simple and sweet, very "us" in the sense that we didn't go out and do anything. We're just not that way and would much rather enjoy a night in than a night out. We got each other cards and Patrick surprised me both years with roses and chocolates.

This year we have decided to go out again. We are using it as our one date night this month and my mom offered to watch Isabel for us for the night. We decided that we wanted to do something inexpensive (to keep with the whole budget/savings/paying off debt theme) and low key. I suggested In-N-Out for dinner and MB2 Go Kart Racing for afterwards. The entire evening should last about 2 hours and should cost us less than $40. Simple. Sweet. Different.

But it doesn't stop me from turning into the mushy lovey wife. I found a great card that I think he's going to love. We decided no presents this year (meaning no roses or chocolates) and I have a feeling that we are going to have our best Valentine's Day/date night yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment