Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weigh In #11

Starting Weight (12/14/13): 189.2
Last Weeks Weight: 180.6
This Weeks Weight: 179.8



+/-: -0.8
Total +/-: -9.4

5%! Heck yes! That was exciting to see this morning.. Considering I've been stepping on the scale daily to "peek" and I've been up every single day by no less than 3 pounds I was sure that I was going to see a gain this week. I did really well on Saturday, tracked everything and felt great. Then I went a little overboard on Sunday and really overboard on Monday and just decided the week was shot. Up until Wednesday afternoon when I decided to reach out for help.
I decided to ask for accountability to some friends I have online who frequent the same message board that I do. I received a wonderful response to my request and now have a few people who I email, text or facebook with daily/every other day/once a week to check in and see how we are doing. I like this a lot because I feel like I am able to be there to support them as well and it's more of a give and take than me just getting what I need.
I tracked everything on Thursday and yesterday and actually completed my daily journal on MFP both days. I haven't done that in a while... It felt wonderful to get on the scale this morning and to see that not only did I have a loss, not only did I reach my 5% goal, but I am also out of the 180s. I haven't been in this weight range in too long and it's a very exciting start to my week.
I am going to use this as motivation to stay on track all week this week so that I don't go back up to the 180s next week. I have an email that I'm waiting for response for something pretty exciting/scary/nerve wracking that I would like to do next Saturday. Pending spaces available I might be putting my self esteem to the ultimate test. May need to add in some strength training this week depending on if I get an appointment or not...

Last weeks goals:
1. Track: I did really well with my tracking on Saturday and most of the day on Sunday. I don't know what happened to cause the stop in tracking other than a bad meal which turned into a bad day which continued on through most of the week. I can't go back and change it, so instead I am looking forward to the next week.
2. Water: Same old, same old. I am going to be doing a much better job with tracking my water in take and I am going to get in at least 8 glasses a day. I feel so much better when I do and I know how important it is to stay hydrated. I will succeed in this goal at least once!
3. NMTZ challenge: This ended on Valentine's day. I took the night off of the challenge for my one free night and ended up losing all motivation to continue. Not good. But I am planning on picking up a similar/less intense workout on March 1st with scheduled rest days so that I will be forcing myself to be better about letting my body heal.
4. No self sabotaging:  I'm pretty sure I sabotaged myself by making this my goal. I'm not sure what is wrong with me, but I realize there is a problem and I'm working on finding ways to make it easier for myself to see the successes by sticking with it.

Workout schedule:
February 16th- February 22nd
Sunday: training run- 6 miles completed
Monday: streak completed, NMTZ challenge did not complete
Tuesday: streak completed, NMTZ challenge did not complete
Wednesday: streak completed, NMTZ challenge did not complete
Thursday: streak completed, NMTZ challenge did not complete
Friday: streak completed, NMTZ challenge did not complete
Saturday: streak completed, NMTZ challenge did not complete

This weeks goals:
1. Track. Every. Single. Day.
2. Drink 8 glasses of water. Every. Single. Day.
3. Attempt to PR at Seaside Half Marathon.

Workout schedule:
February 23rd- March 1st
Sunday: Seaside Half Marathon
Monday: streak
Tuesday: streak
Wednesday: streak
Thursday: streak
Friday: streak
Saturday: long distance training run- 5 miles

Measurements:
Original measurements taken October 15th:
Chest: 41
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 45.5
L thigh: 26.5
L arm: 13
L calf: 14.5

 
Measurements taken February 8th:
Chest: 39 (-2)
Waist: 33.5 (-4)
Hips: 43.5 (-2)
L thigh: 24 (-2.5)
L arm: 12.25 (-.75)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)


Current measurements taken February 22nd
Chest: 39.25 (-1.75)
Waist: 33.25 (-4.25)
Hips: 43.25 (-2.25)
L thigh: 24 (-2.5)
L arm: 12.25 (-.75)

No comments:

Post a Comment