Saturday, February 8, 2014

Weigh In #9

Starting Weight: 189.2
Last Weeks Weight: 181.8
This Weeks Weight:182.4 



+/-: +0.6
Total +/-: -6.8

So, clearly not the direction I was hoping for, however with the addition of a new 30 day challenge (No More Trouble Zones Challenge- NMTZ Challenge) I was anticipating a gain. In fact, I was actually anticipating more of a gain than 0.6. The gaining was the reason I wanted to wait to be at a healthy weight range before starting Body Revolution- Jillian Michael's 90 day challenge, but at the same time I knew that if I wanted to start toning then I would need to add more to my routine. 

I need to look at the big picture. This is week eight. In that amount of time I have lost a total of 6.8 lbs. That's an average of -0.85 lbs a week. Weight Watchers recommends .5-2 pounds a week for a healthy weight loss. I feel like slow and steady does apply here because I'm learning along the way and I truly believe that the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off. There's no get fit quick pills here! 

Last weeks goals:
1. Get back to basics and track 100%: I did much better this week but still had the difficulty of getting through the weekend. I make the excuse that I just had weigh in and can splurge but then I'm spending the rest of the week undoing what I did on the weekend. It's not productive at all. I know this.. I felt in control this week once I started tracking and doing so the entire day. 
2. Get back to basics and drink more water- minimum 6 glasses a day: Still working on this one. Again, I am much better about this during the week when I am sitting at my desk. I keep a cup with a lid and a straw right there so I am reminded to drink it. The issue becomes when the cup is empty and I have to go fill it. Pretty pathetic that laziness is preventing me to reach my goal. I have a difficult time when I am at work actually getting up when I'm in the middle of an account and need to work on that. In regards to the weekends, I am going to but a 1.5L water bottle. One of those on Saturday and one on Sunday. Anything after that is a bonus.
3. Follow workout schedule: Not quite, however I did workout everyday and I feel fantastic! I started a strength training challenge for 30 days in a row and I am feeling strong and am already noticing a change in my body. Today is only day 5, but it's Jillian Michael's and it's no joke. I know that I got results from 30 Day Shred and I am ready to see results again, even if it holds the scale from moving down for a while. 
4. Write one positive about myself a day: Yeah, this one was a complete fail. I don't know why I can't remember to do this..

Workout schedule:
February 2nd- February 8th
Sunday: streak completed
Monday: streak completed, arm workout completed 

Tuesday: streak completedNo More Trouble Zones completed, NMTZ Challenge completed
Wednesday: streak completedarm workout completedgym did not complete, NMTZ Challenge completed
Thursday: streak completedNo More Trouble Zones completed, gym did not complete, NMTZ Challenge completed
Friday: streak completedarm workout did not complete, NMTZ Challenge completed
Saturday: training run- 12 miles moved to Sunday, streak completed, NMTZ Challenge completed

This weeks goals: 
1. Continue tracking 
2. Drink more water
3. Continue NMTZ Challenge
Workout schedule:
February 9th- February 15th
Sunday: training run- 12 miles
Monday: streak, No More Trouble Zones, NMTZ Challenge
Tuesday: streak, arm workout, NMTZ Challenge
Wednesday: streak, No More Trouble Zones, NMTZ Challenge
Thursday: streak, arm workout, NMTZ Challenge
Friday: streak, No More Trouble Zones, NMTZ Challenge
Saturday: training run- 6 miles, NMTZ Challenge
(Make it to the gym at least twice)

 
Measurements:
Original measurements taken October 15th:
Chest: 41
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 45.5
L thigh: 26.5
L arm: 13
L calf: 14.5

Last weeks measurements taken January 25th:
Chest: 39 (-2)
Waist: 34 (-3.5)
Hips: 43.5 (-2)
L thigh: 24.25 (-2.25)
L arm: 12.5 (-.5)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

Current measurements taken February 8th:
Chest: 39 (-2)
Waist: 33.5 (-4)
Hips: 43.5 (-2)
L thigh: 24 (-2.5)
L arm: 12.25 (-.75)
L calf: 15.5 (+1)

My measurements after 30 Day Shred were:
Final Measurements:
Bust- 37.25 (-0.75)
Waist- 31 (-2.5)
Hips- 40 (-2.5)
Arm (left)- 11.5 (-0.5)
Thigh (left)- 23 (-1.5)

I'm obviously older and doing a different workout routine and finding that it is not as easy to lose weight and inches this time around, however I am not that far away from those measurements. Only 9.5 inches overall. Considering when I first started tracking and losing I was 20.5 inches overall away from those measurements I am thrilled. Getting closer with each workout and each day that I make healthier choices. That, to me, is motivating to see.

Overall this week was pretty great. I love challenging my body and mind and workout challenges do both. These challenges remind me that sometimes it's not about the number on the scale but about how you feel. I will take changes in measurements and a reflection I love over a smaller number on the scale any day. 

It makes me upset to think about how much time I've spent worried over something that is pretty insignificant. I obviously would like to be in a healthy weight range at some point, but there is no use in rushing the process. I am becoming healthier on a daily basis and still learning. I am happy when I can splurge on certain things and find that I appreciate them more when I don't have it as often. My body is getting stronger and that, above all else, is what I'm striving for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment