Sunday, April 27, 2014

Body Revolution Update #1

I started this 90 day program on April 14th and have been consistently following the program. Well, that's a lie. I have been following the workouts the way she has it set out, but I have not been following the food plan she has provided. In all honesty, that's not something that I can realistically follow and I am doing my best to stay within my calories on MFP. I am still learning how to balance both and maybe that's my downfall.

Week one and two are the same with the workout schedule and it's been a really good schedule so far. It's very different from both 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and I like that each day is different because I am less likely to get bored with the program. The following is how a week of strength training looks:

Monday- Workout 1
Tuesday- Workout 2
Wednesday- Cardio 1
Thursday- Workout 1
Friday- Workout 2
Saturday- Cardio 1
Sunday- Rest

The workouts last about 30 minutes and it's very easy to fit in during the day. The first week I was better about doing it first thing in the morning before I started work, but this week I've been waiting until either my lunch break or after work. The best part is that I have yet to have a day that I have not looked forward to getting the workout done. Normally when I start a workout program the excitement of it wears off pretty fast and I despise the pending workout, but this time around I have actually been anticipating the time I get to spend doing it.

I know that it's going to be getting more difficult next week, but I have enjoyed building the foundation these first two weeks and think that it's going to be exciting to watch my body change and my strength improve.

I made the mistake of taking my measurements after I had already started the first week and made a second mistake in taking measurements again before the second week was over. Since the same DVDs are used two weeks in a row I have decided to update my measurements every other Sunday. I was disappointed earlier this week when I saw that I was gaining inches in every single area, but I have to just accept what my changes are and realize that everything is happening for a reason. I'm making very positive changes to myself, both physically and mentally.

Body revolution start date: April 14th

First measurements taken April 19th
Chest- 39.25
Waist- 33.5
Hips- 43.5
L thigh- 23.5
L arm- 12.25

Measurements taken April 27th
Chest- 39.5 (+.25)
Waist- 34 (+.5)
Hips- 44 (+.5)
L thigh- 23.75 (+.25)
L arm- 12.75 (0)

I know what the problem is and I'm working on finding a solution. Unfortunately I am still using food to deal with stress and to celebrate exciting changes. My food choices are not reflecting what I want out of this. I am starting each day with good intentions and I go downhill quickly thereafter. I am also not completing the entire day with tracking either and that is huge for me if I want to see any sort of success.

My main problem with food is that I cannot cook well. I find that I get anxiety even thinking about being in the kitchen. I rely heavily on Patrick or on easy to make prepackaged foods. It's not a good situation and I know the only solution is to practice in order to be more comfortable to make healthier options for myself.

I'm hoping to see some improvements with my measurements after this next set of DVDs. It's one thing to watch the scale go up when you're strength training, it's a completely different mind confusion when your measurements go up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment