Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thankful Thursday #4

1. I am thankful to my family and friends for making my birthday last week a wonderful one. I am so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing people and so lucky to be able to not just love my family because I have to but love them because I want to. It's like that saying about sisters.. "Sisters by chance, friends by choice." It's so true in regards to each one of these relationships. I couldn't be luckier!

2. I am thankful that I finally was able to talk to my boss and coworker that I work directly with about some things that have been bottling up for awhile. It was like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders and I finally feel like we can make some forward progress. I held some things in that had been bothering me for awhile because I didn't want to step on anyones toes and because I truly didn't think anything would be done about it. Thankfully I was wrong about that last part and I may finally get the proper training that I deserve and need in order to be the best I can be at my job.

3. I am thankful that I am taking a couple days off from working out. Not that I was doing that much and not that I was actually in a routine that was exhausting or taking up too much time, but it was a good reminder for me to slow down and not jump in head first again. I tripped yesterday on my lunch break and ended up pulling something in my back. Yesterday's workout plan was 2-3 miles and an arm workout. I ended up going for 1.14 miles (to satisfy the streak), but skipped the strength. Today's workout is a strength DVD, cross training at the gym and a 1 mile run. I am adjusting it slightly to skip the strength DVD, but I will do the run and the stationary bike tonight. I do plan on doing my arm workout tomorrow but taking it easy with another 1 miler since the next half is Saturday.

4. I am thankful that I have decided to start journaling to Isabel instead of just using the journal to complain about daily annoyances. That was not my intention when I started journaling but it became so easy to focus on the frustrations in life (as petty as they were) instead of on the positives. I finally finished my second book for March yesterday and ended up crying at the ending. It involved a mother dying and leaving her 16 year old daughter a journal that she had been writing to her since finding out she was sick. I don't want to look back and think about the things I wish I would have done but didn't because I thought someone would think the idea was stupid or not start now because I wish I would have been doing this for the past 6 years. No, instead I started last night and I intend to keep going for who knows how long. It's a place to keep our story, our past, our present, hopes for our future, quotes, funny things she says or does, adventures we go on, adventures I hope for us to go on, etc.

5. I am thankful that I have so much in my life that makes me happy. I'm not happy 24/7 and I definitely have struggles in my life, but I think I learned awhile ago that it's better to focus on the good in your life then on the things you want to change. I'm working on improving my life in so many ways and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me. I know that everything happens for a reason and I'm accepting of what's happened so far. To be honest, the person I am today is so different from who I was just a year ago. I can only hope that the changes (which I believe to be for the better) can be seen by those around me. I feel more positive, outgoing, and just all around happy. It's a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment