Friday, April 4, 2014

Weigh In #17

Starting Weight: 189.2
Last Weeks Weight: 182.0
This Weeks Weight: 182.4



+/-: +0.4
Total +/-: -6.8

Clearly I'm doing something wrong here, and I'm pretty much over the fact that I'm not committed 100% to this effort of losing weight, keeping it off, and living a healthy lifestyle. 

So I am committing to myself this week to give it my all. I'm not shooting for perfection here, just progress. 

I could make excuse after excuse about why I haven't been strength training even though it works. I could justify the fact that I'm tracking every thing I eat even if that means I'm going over calories. I can explain that I've been really stressed at work and that carries over into my personal life and when I'm stressed I eat. 

That's not going to solve anything though. What is going to make a difference is what I do about it, not what I say about it. And I've been a lot of talk with little action. 

I need to start blogging more to hold myself accountable. I need to turn here when I've had a difficult day, to vent it out and work through why I want to turn to food. I need to turn here when I have no motivation to workout, to figure out what's holding me back and to hopefully find a small amount of motivation to do the workout. 

I can't keep doing what I'm doing though. Because I can tell a difference when I look in the mirror. I can see myself going back to a body that I didn't appreciate, a body that made me feel self conscious. I've made too much progress mentally in that area to turn around and throw it all away physically. 

Last weeks goals:
1. Track. I did it! I've made it another week with tracking everything. I did go over on calories six out of the seven days, however only one of those days did I net over 2000 calories. Baby steps. 
2. Water. Doing better with this one. I made it all but one day with at least 6 glasses of water. We started a new challenge at work to get in more water, so I am paying more attention to how much I am actually drinking so that I can accurately log my glasses of water each day. 
3. Clean out closet and dresser. If by cleaning out I actually meant adding more then I succeeded. I have a weakness for online shopping when there is an amazing sale going on and I may or may not have indulged in some new clothes shopping a couple days last week. So far, everything that I have received I have loved, so at least there's that. It all fits, I feel great and I am hoping to actually need this new business attire I've got going on soon. It's too casual too often here. It's nice to spruce it up. Unfortunately, there is a pile of hang ups sitting in front of my closet. A reminder to actually go through, get rid of (and not feel guilty for getting rid of) my older clothes that I no longer fit into, wear or like. 
4. Make April training schedule. I have it printed out and ready to go. I am going to be filling it in week by week so that I can work with Patrick's schedule and actually schedule workouts on days that I know they will get done. Things come up and happen (like being clumsy and tripping and pulling your side) but I'm trying to be flexible when it comes to rescheduling for realistic events and not just random excuses.

5. Stick to workout schedule for coming week. Not quite. I did change things around when I made my workout schedule for this first week of April, so there's that. Plus the slight "injury". It is what it is.

Workout schedule:
March 28th - April 3rd
Friday 3/28: arm workout completed, minimum 1 mile interval run completed
Saturday 3/29: 5 mile training run did not complete (did run 1 mile), cross training did not complete
Sunday 3/30: minimum 1 mile interval run completed, cross training did not complete
Monday 3/31: arm workout completed, 2-3 mile interval run completed
Tuesday 4/1: strength training DVD completed, minimum 1 mile interval run completed
Wednesday 4/2: arm workout did not complete, 2-3 mile interval run did not complete (did run 1 mile)
Thursday 4/3:  strength training DVD did not complete, minimum 1 mile interval run completed


This weeks goals:
1. Track. Stay in the black more than half the week.
2. Water.
3. Clean out closet and dresser.
4. Stick to workout schedule.

Workout schedule:
April 4th - April 10th
Friday April 4th: arm workout, minimum 1 mile interval run
Saturday April 5th: Hollywood Half Marathon
Sunday April 6th: gym, minimum 1 mile interval run
Monday April 7th: arm workout, 2-3 mile interval run
Tuesday April 8th: strength DVD, minimum 1 mile interval run
Wednesday April 9th: arm workout, 2-3 mile interval run
Thursday April 10th: strength DVD, minimum 1 mile interval run

So there it is. My breaking point of where I needed to get in order to start to make some positive progress. I think this week is going to be a good one. I'm ready mentally and I plan to go grocery shopping today in order to fill the refrigerator with healthy foods again. I've got this.. I hope!

Marley weighing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment