Friday, April 25, 2014

Perfectly Imperfect

"I didn't do as well as I had hoped."
"Tomorrow will be a better day."
"I'm a work in progress."
"I adjusted my workouts."
"I didn't reach my goals."
"I'm gaining weight."
"I'm still not eating as well as I'd like."
 
I'm sick of saying these things. The problem is, I don't know how to get off of this merry-go-round. Some days I feel like I'm trying like hell to make this lifestyle change and to make it last. Other days the want to eat all the things is greater then the desire to change my eating habits to be a healthier person.
 
So what does that mean? 
 
It means I'm human. I'm imperfect and I like it that way. I'm going to trip up along the way and I will make mistakes. But I do try to make changes and it's sometimes a daily battle. As long as I'm willing to fight that battle, whether the outcome is good or bad, then I am a winner.
 
So I think my mindset needs to change. I am just going to do my best each day. That's something I can easily do. I can enjoy the smallest of victories and get over the biggest of failures because it's a day to day process.

I do still plan on having trip ups along the way and I do plan on sharing them. I'm not going to pretend to be perfect and only show the good things, I do believe that maybe someone somewhere can relate. And no one is perfect 24/7. But for my sanity I think the main focus needs to be on positives and successes. 

So here's where I repeat myself. I didn't do as well as I had hoped yesterday and I am going to try to make today a better day. I'm a work in progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment