Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Frozen Birthday Party

To say Isabel loves the movie Frozen is quite an understatement.

In fact, I don't even think obsessed is a good enough word to describe how much she talks about, thinks about, draws and writes about the movie. She has seen the movie three times in the theater, knows every song by heart, has read the 123 page chapter book multiple times, draws pictures of the characters every chance she gets and is constantly asking to have her hair put up in a braid (either one braid on the side to look like Elsa or two braids to look like Anna).

I can't remember the last time I went a day without hearing something Frozen related...

So it would only make sense for me to feed into this obsession of hers and plan a birthday party based around the Frozen theme. And I am doing my absolute best to make it her best birthday party to date. So far I have hit a few speed bumps along the way of finding any party supplies Frozen related. It's a mixture of the stores not having a lot of choices in their Frozen selection as well as the fact that it is a very popular theme right now and a lot of people have the same idea.

I'm Tim Gunn-ing it though and I definitely plan to "make it work". I've found a few things that are Frozen themed, but I am going to be combining that with some solid color items and the image I have in my head looks amazing. I really hope that I am able to decorate the way that I am visioning it.

I know that most likely the party will not turn out the way that I am hoping it does, but I also know that it is going to go above and beyond anything that Isabel can imagine. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I know she is going to freak out over. Like, seriously.. Someone better have a video camera because it's going to be amazing.

We decided to skip the bouncy house this year for a few reasons and instead we are going to focus more on arts and crafts/games for the kids. We will have a snow flake cutting table, a "Do You Want to Build A Snowman" table where there will be cut out pieces of Olaf for the kids to glue to a piece of paper whatever way they want to, a Pin the Nose on Olaf game and a frame decorating table with snowflake stickers. The frame will be used for something super special and super secret.

We will also have a cake, cupcakes (made by me- they will have blue frosting and snowflakes), marshmallows with sugar on the bottom and a candy table with blue candy (blue rock candy, blue gummy bears, blue taffy and blue M&Ms). The cake will also have Frozen figures on it for her to then take home with her to play with. I did the same thing last year when she was obsessed with The Lion King and it was a big hit.

I am counting down the days along with her and will definitely be sharing pictures after the big day. I honestly don't know who's more excited about this party..

No comments:

Post a Comment