Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thirty Before I'm Thirty

Because why not.. It's the last year of my twenties and I want to go out feeling productive, even if some of the goals seem a little silly.

I already have my bucket list that I've been working on for quite some time (which I need to post again because it has been updated), but  my plan is to make this list of 30 things using that list as a reference so that I can start actually accomplishing some of these goals. 

I'm going to choose some that I really want to accomplish and having a year will push me to finally do it. Others I will choose because it will push me out of my comfort zone and I will actually have to push myself to get the goal done. 

It seems kind of silly to make a list of goals based off of a list of goals I already have, but I think having the shorter time line will help me finish these goals and maybe think of a few more things that I may want to do and can add to the longer bucket list. I think it's about time to see some more completed goals than goals left to do.

1. Learn to drive a stick shift
2. Take a pottery class
3. Complete a cross stitch
4. Get out of credit card debt
5. Complete a coloring book

6. Take a cake decorating class
7. Organize photos into albums
8. Go to dinner by myself
9. Take a yoga class
10. Ride Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom
11. See Ingrid Michaelson in concert
12. Complete Jillian Michael's Body Revolution
13. Make our apartment feel more like a home
14. Complete the "Dopey Challenge"
15. Complete a 50K
16. See the Harlom Globtrotters
17. Reach my goal weight
18. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
19. Clean out my closet
20. Find a new job
21. Send Christmas cards to family and friends
22. Go on a weekend alone
23. Paint a canvas
24. Go GoKart Racing
25. Spend a day at the beach

26. Run intervals all the way up Erbes Rd (1 mile straight uphill)
27. Finish a blanket (crochet)
28. Read every book by Jodi Picoult: Songs of the Humpback Whale, Harvesting the Heart, Picture Perfect, Mercy, The Pact, Keeping Faith, Plain Truth, Salem Falls, Perfect Match, Second Glance,  My Sister's Keeper, Vanishing Acts, The Tenth Circle, Nineteen Minutes, Wonder Woman, Change of Heart, Handle With Care, House Rules, Over the Moon, Sing You Home, Lone Wolf, Between the Lines, The Storyteller
29. Run a half or full marathon in another state
30. Go on a spontaneous road trip

I've been told that my thirties are going to be great. I have no doubt about that! Most of my twenties were pretty damn awesome as well and I am looking forward to what is waiting for me! I just don't feel 29.. I guess that's a good thing though!

To be honest, I'm not really one to want the attention on my birthday. But this year, so far (and it's not even 8am) has been amazing. Hopefully a sign to a happy, healthy, positive, successful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment