Saturday, March 8, 2014

Progress

This is not the easiest thing for me to post.. But I think it's pretty necessary for where I am at in this journey.

May 2013                                                                     March 2014




I am not where I want to be, but I'm also a lot farther than where I was. As I mentioned yesterday at my weigh in, I'm going to choose to focus on how far I've come and not how far I have left to go.

Since I am focusing on the progress I've made, I thought it would be a good idea to go back to one of my original starting pictures (from one of the multiple times I have started over).

Surprisingly, the photos on the left from May of 2013 are from when I weighed 181.8 pounds. No lie.

The photos on the right are from a couple days ago. March 2014. I weigh 181.4.

There is a 0.4 pound difference in these photos. Once again proof that the scale has no bearing on what you look or feel like. I feel healthier, I feel more physically fit, I feel so much more confident.

I am shocked at the difference I have made in 10 months, even if my weight has only changed by less than half a pound. I am excited to see what changes I have left to make on this journey. I think it's important to take progress photos so that when you are having a hard time seeing progress elsewhere you can look back to where you started.

When you see yourself every single day it's hard to notice the changes that are happening. Sometimes I still have days where I feel like the girl on the left. Just starting out, having a difficult time fitting into her clothes. Most days I feel like the girl on the right. The one who holds her head up high because she knows that she has made some amazing changes to her lifestyle.

I showed Patrick the pictures and he couldn't believe the changes either. Again, I truly believe it's because he sees me every day. He does his best to be supportive without saying the wrong things. It's difficult to compliment someone on their weight loss. It's a sensitive subject. Instead he focuses on my dedication and especially to what I am accomplishing physically with running. When he saw these pictures he told me that he was proud of me for everything I've accomplished to become a better, healthier, more confident person.

You know what?

I'm proud of me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment